Perhaps this section of themed costume design ideas piqued your interest because you don’t like to put a label on yourself. Here you will find out of the box ideas for creatively unique homemade Halloween costumes.
Prepare yourself for people to pause as they take in your DIY costume creation. You will find something offbeat, different and extremely fun to make no matter how much time you have to spend crafting.
One example are costume design ideas that merge together to from new and exceptional homemade Halloween costumes, you will be motivated to draw from your own inspiration. For instance, there is a violin spider fairy, a Lizarus Rex and a stick of butter and wings to make a different sort of butterfly.
In addition, you will find an adorable rainbow costume made out of pool noodles. A humorous killer whale and trainer, a carousel dress, and a frozen head in a freezer. Also featured here are pregnant bellies as a crystal bally and a Hillybilly’s beer belly.
Enjoy browsing these rare and fun costumes. We know it will inspire your greatest homemade Halloween costumes this year!
Latest Theme Costume Design Ideas
- Original Homemade Costume Idea: Ammonite KingThis Ammonite King costume began as four sheets of window display poster board backing. I glued with adhesive spray poster … Read more
- Original Costume Idea for a Toddler: EYE of NEWT Magic Potion Bottle CostumeI was trying to think up an original idea for a toddler costume this year. After looking around my house … Read more
- Easy and Original Group Costume Idea: Minivan Stick Figure Family CostumeWe thought being a stick figure family was the funniest idea as parents and people who actually cannot stand those … Read more
- Original DIY Woman’s Chanel Bag CostumeTo make the bag I used : Medium sized box Quilted black fabric Metal Chain Gold Spray Paint I Cut … Read more
- Aloha Baby Snow Globe Costume Designed and Made by a 7th GraderI wanted to be a snow globe and my Mom freaked out! she’s like “how can I do that?”. I … Read more
- Cool DIY Costume for a Boy: A Tiki Man Spotted in Upstate New York?I have two boys and we try to make the most out of every day together. I try to focus … Read more
- Homemade Cleopatra Queen of the Nile Costume for a GirlThis is my daughter Kylie. She wanted to be the Queen of the Nile. This costume started out pretty simple … Read more
- Beautiful Homemade White Satyr Costume for a GirlHere’s the story behind our beautiful Satyr costume. We always make my daughters costumes and try to top ourselves the … Read more
- Cool Mom and Son Couple Costume: Tenth Doctor and Weeping Angel from Doctor WhoI’m the Weeping Angel. (DON’T Blink! Blink and you’re dead!) My 6 year old son, who is a big Whovian, … Read more
- Coolest Jockey and Horse Costume: Off to the Races!I wanted to enter a local pet costume contest with my Great Dane, and I figured including my darling daughter … Read more
- Hilarious Homemade Bag of Weed Costume!We were three, and did this homemade bag of weed costume with dried weeds for cows, plastics for painters and … Read more
- Cool Homemade Punny Tiger Woods CostumeThis was my interpretation of Tiger Woods. The Tree or woods part of the costume was made from a trip … Read more
450+ Awe-Inspiring Optical Illusion Costume Design Ideas
Optical illusion costumes are so fun to make and even more fun is to wear. Just seeing the look on people’s faces staring at you in bewilderment trying to figure out the illusion is priceless. It’s the best reward for the hard work you put into making the costume. Read more »
250+ Coolest Homemade Vehicle and Traffic Costume Design Ideas
Leaving on a jet plane? Putting the pedal to the metal? This awesome collection of vehicle and traffic costumes will get you where you need to go. Also, you can let your kid finally get behind the wheel and give them the control they desperately crave. Read more »
250+ Awesome Homemade Garden and Insect Halloween Costume Design Ideas
Garden and insect costumes are so brilliant. Think of everything you love about the outdoors just without the dirt, slime and creepy crawlies. Truly, the homemade costumes featured in this impressive collection will stun you with their beauty. Read more »
200+ Cool Sports and Outdoors Easy DIY Halloween Costumes
Calling all athletes and nature lovers to this awesome collection of homemade sports and outdoors costumes. These sports and outdoors easy DIY Halloween costumes are inspired by the games we love and the great outdoors. Best of all, you don’t need to be a professional to make one of these ensembles. Read more »
170+ Splashy DIY Under the Sea Halloween Costumes
The deep blue waters conceal the hidden depths of the marine life lurking there. Your under the sea costumes are just a dive away in this cool DIY collection. Read more »
150+ Original and Witty Homemade Wordplay Costumes
Show your smarts this Halloween with these brilliantly unique and clever wordplay costumes. Check out this collection here of incredibly witty and fantastically funny homemade costumes. Read more »
150+ Cool DIY Vending Machine and Booth Halloween Costumes
Step behind the glass of your favorite machines for the coolest homemade costume! This awesome collection of vending machine and booth costumes contains the greatest DIY costume instructions. Read more »
Hilarious Homemade Bag of Weed Costume!
We were three, and did this bag of weed costume with dried weeds for cows, plastics for painters and tape. We first took the dimensions needed for each of us, and began cutting the plastics. It was not easy to do this in a little old caravan, while other friends were partying right in front of us. Read more about this homemade bag of weed costume »