Garden and insect costumes are so brilliant. Think of everything you love about the outdoors just without the dirt, slime and creepy crawlies. Truly, the homemade costumes featured in this impressive collection will stun you with their beauty.
One extremely popular costume choice in this section are lovely butterfly costumes. Especially noteworthy are the awesome glow-in-the-dark wings people have made here. They have kindly shared their DIY costume secrets so you can try them at home.
Of course, no garden would be complete without a scarecrow. The scarecrow costumes here are more than just clothes stuffed hay. It’s amazing to see the unique and artistic takes on each one. In addition, you will find spiders and spider webs, snails and even praying mantises.
Even more ideas include flowers, trees and garden ornaments. Enjoy this rustic inspired DIY costume section, and connect to your wilder, natural side!
(By the way, if you’re also into real gardening and not just “costume gardening”, take a look at these cool balcony gardens…)
Latest Garden and Insect Costumes
- Funny Chia Head and Chia Pet Costume for a CoupleI wanted to create a couple’s costume for my husband Philip and myself that was different and funny – here’s … Read more
- Coolest Giant Homemade Cactus CostumeLast year, I moved to the Southwest, and wanted to celebrate with something southwest themed. Roadrunner? Cotote? Chile pepper? Nope… … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Treehouse Costume“What do you want to be for Halloween?” I asked my barely 4 year old. I’m imagining something that’s not … Read more
- Terrifyingly Scary Homemade Scarecrow Halloween CostumeScarecrow Halloween Costume Idea The initial idea behind my scarecrow Halloween costume was to create an evil horror related scarecrow. … Read more
- Awesome DIY Magic Butterfly CostumeThis costume is made of Hoola-hoops, Bed Sheets, 20 meters of LED ws2811 (computer controlled) strip (tape) lights. It has … Read more
- Coolest DIY Snail Halloween Costume With Slime TrailMy 4 kids have always loved building and creating things, especially my youngest. Halloween has long been her favorite holiday. … Read more
- Amazing Butterfly CostumeAs a scientist, I wanted something that was a nerdy version of a typical “sexy” costume. Therefore I built the … Read more
- Cutest Homemade Toddler Scarecrow CostumeWe saw a similar scarecrow costume and thought it was so adorable. So I had to make our own homemade … Read more
- Cute Scarecrow Halloween CostumeI love making DIY Halloween costumes. Several years ago my little man was a Minion for Halloween. He was a … Read more
- Amazing DIY Rock n Red Scorpion CostumeWhile in imagination mode, I was brainstorming for the next “WOW” factor. All of a sudden, I flipped to a … Read more
- Homemade Scarecrow CostumesThese his and her homemade scarecrow costumes were created for my daughter and son. I wanted unique costumes that were … Read more
- DIY Scarecrow CostumeFriday afternoon, last minute, I decided to come up with a new costume idea for Max. Originally I was just going … Read more
Halloween Coupons and Discounts
Click here for 10% off your order at HalloweenCostumes.com (Expires Sep. 25, 2021)
Shop now with coupon HA18 for 18% Off Sitewide at Rolecosplay.com (Expires Sep. 30, 2021)
Shop with coupon SAS10 for 10% Off Sitewide at Gcosplay.com (Expires Dec. 28, 2021)
Essential Workers? Get 20% of at HalloweenCostumes.com (Expires Aug. 18, 2022)
Featured Garden and Insect Halloween Costume Ideas
I wanted to create a couple’s costume for my husband Philip and myself that was different and funny – here’s our Chia head and Chia Pet costume. Plus…who doesn’t love 80’s nostalgia. I started off by making the Chia head. Then I spray painted a bald cap green with paint I already had. I bought a bald cap for $5 and two artificial vines from the craft store 2x $8 with my coupon. Read more »
My 4 kids have always loved building and creating things, especially my youngest. Halloween has long been her favorite holiday. We get to build, paint and sew her costume (which then become part of the ever growing dress-up collection). This last year has seen her develop an obsession with snails. She builds homes for them, feeds them, etc. She even competes with her brothers to see how many she can stick on her face! Read more »