Here are some really cool Circus costumes! Growing up, my memories of the circus revolved around awe and wonder. Also, stuffing my face with cotton candy.
From the trapeze artists to lions jumping through rings of fire, it is truly unparalleled entertainment.
The circus is traditionally a place to bring children. And there are plenty of children wearing brightly colored, adorable costumes here.
For many people, the circus carries a darker underside. Frightening clowns, bearded women and sinister freak show tents. Perfect for a spooky Halloween costume.
Some families experience their own personal three ring spectacle every day. One where they prefer not have any onlookers. Halloween is the perfect time to unleash your tiny tigers and give your ring master a chance to shine.
In conclusion, take your love for the Ringling Brothers and transfer it to your own homemade costume. Help bring your costume to the next level with the tips from the awesome people here. We can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Latest Circus Costumes
- Jenny the Jester Costume – 12 year old on stiltsMy daughter Jenny and I have created her Halloween costumes for the past 11 years. She has wanted to use … Read more
- Female Version of Art the Clown Terrifier CostumeI usually start thinking about costume ideas mid-June regardless of whether there will even be a reason to wear it. … Read more
- Original Couples Costume Idea: Blindfolded Knife Thrower and AssistantCouple costumes are hard because the man still wants to be manly, right? Well, throwing knives while blindfolded is pretty … Read more
- Coolest Crazy Clowns CostumeThis crazy clowns costume was so fun to make & wear! The faces are made from paper mache’ and are … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Human Cannonball CostumeMaterials needed: For Costume: White long-sleeved t-shirt ($3 from WalMart) White baseball pants ($2 from thrift store) Fabric paint: red, … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Circus Group CostumeFor this years Halloween our group of friends came up with a homemade Circus group costume. We are not just … Read more
- The Cutest DIY Pennywise Costume You Will Ever SeeThis is by far the most fun I have ever had making a costume! My daughter is about to turn 3 … Read more
- Coolest Homemade CarnEvil Ringleader CostumeSo the theme for my party this year was CarnEVIL! This was so much fun! We had almost no clowns … Read more
- Cool DIY Traveling CircusAfter taking the kids to a local circus and hearing our daughter, Caileigh, rave about the show for months, we … Read more
- Carousel Dress CostumeI wanted to be something different and fun this year for Halloween! I was inspired by Katy Perry’s infamous carousel … Read more
- Awesome Family Costume Idea: Our Family is a Circus!We always say “our family is a circus!” So the idea for these costumes came to us on a particularly … Read more
- Bearded Lady CostumeI love all things sideshow/freakshow and got inspired after recently watching American Horror Story Freakshow. I bought the wig, beard, … Read more
Featured Circus Costumes
We always say “our family is a circus!” So the idea for these costumes came to us on a particularly crazy but normal day in our house. We quickly decided on a strong man for my husband, lion tamer with lion cub for myself and infant daughter, tightrope walker for my oldest daughter and of course no circus is complete without a clown (which our middle daughter totally is!) I believe in homemade costumes every year but I ordered bits and pieces to make it easier (because with a family of 5 it took a long time to get all the details right for these costumes!) Read more »
I wanted to create a costume that was an optical illusion. I searched many ideas on Google when I came up with the idea to be a Contortionist. Creating the costume was a lot of trial and error. I started on a Monday and created a set of legs in one night! I was very excited but realized that they were too heavy! ( I went crazy with the duct tape). I started over on Tuesday. Read more »