Looking for homemade costume inspiration? No need to look too far. Instead, consider the way you spend your time. These work and hobby costumes prove that your ordinary tasks and activities make awesome DIY costumes.
Deliver the mail in a US postal truck, sell snacks as a hot dog vendor, be a wrecking ball or protect the Queen as a member of the Royal Guard. In addition, be inspired by the wheelchair DJ costumes as well as the hilarious Chippendale babies. Discover the inventive ways people have created these DIY costumes.
In addition, you will find the coolest couple costumes here. Take a look at Van Gogh and his Starry Night painting, a Safari tour guide plus wild animal, and even a baker with baby cupcake.
So check out this collection of work and hobby costumes and elevate your everyday activities to an amazing homemade costume.
Latest Work and Hobby Costumes
- Cool Zoo Keeper and Peacock Couple CostumeFor the Peacock costume, I will start with the top and work down. For the headpiece, I sewed together 4 … Read more
- Adorable Homemade Milk Themed Family CostumesI first thought of being a milkman at the high school at which I teach. We have smaller advisories and … Read more
- Last Minute Toddler DIY Magician CostumeI found out, with one day’s notice, that my daughter’s daycare was having a Halloween party a few days before Halloween. … Read more
- Funny DJ Banana CostumeThe story behind this DJ Banana costume is that a good friend of mine is a DJ….in fact, DJ Banana. … Read more
- Cool Mail Carrier and Postage Stamp Couple CostumeWe have had the same mail carrier for the past 5 years. Her name is Cheryl and she always delivers … Read more
- Artist and Painting Couples CostumeMy best friend and I attend a costume party every year, and this past year was a real hit! The … Read more
- Toddler’s Construction Worker and Digger CostumeMy son loves his “diggers” – any and all construction vehicles. We knew he would love to dress up as a … Read more
- Pan Am Crew Toddler Costumes with ChihuahuaMy husband and I wanted to do a costume for our 15 month old twins that would compliment each other. … Read more
- Gold Digger CostumeAfter deciding to do the Gold Digger costume this year and not wishing to buy one, I went searching for … Read more
- Cool Guy Fieri CostumeAbout a month ago several friends, my wife and I were talking about doing a Halloween party, because it fell … Read more
- Windy WeathermanAfter seeing the many Hurricane reporters over the summer I thought that for Halloween I would dress up as a … Read more
- Homemade Van Gogh and Starry Night Creative Couple CostumeBradley is dressed as Van Gogh from one of his famous painted self portraits. (We added his bandaged ear to … Read more
Featured Work and Hobby Home Made Halloween Costume Ideas
My husband and I wanted to do a costume for our 15 month old twins that would compliment each other. We wanted something creative and also not too child like. We realize we have only a couple of years before they have their own opinions and want to be dressed up as a superhero or star wars (nothing wrong with that, btw). We love the Mad Men show so we thought something of that time. Read more »
I love babywearing! My seven month-old daughter, Ellie, loves being close to mommy and feeling secure while exploring new things so it was only natural to create a Mommy and me babywearing costume: the Backer and her Cupcake. I also LOVE baking! I always bake for everyone in my family for birthdays and holidays and I am known for making yummy cupcakes. Read more »