Gone are the days of throwing a sheet over yourself and calling it a toga. With the plethora of books and movies for inspiration, these Roman, Mythical and Greek costume ideas have reached epic proportions.
If you have muscles to show off, a Spartacus costume is a brilliant idea. Another amazing idea is Medusa. The different versions of Medusa featured here are actually breathtaking. For a couple costume idea, you can bring along a stone victim like someone here did.
In addition, you will find an adorable baby Cupid, awesome Centaur costumes and a woman who transformed herself into a singing harp.
Even more idea include Aphrodite, Artemis, Athena – names that roll off your tongue.
Another cool option is to make DIY costumes out of recycled material. You will see gladiators, crusaders, knights and princess costumes that have interestingly all been made out of beer bottle packaging.
So whether you transform into a Satyr, unicorn or human statue, you will find all the homemade costume inspiration you need here.
Latest Roman, Mythology and Greek Costumes
- Dark Centacorn CostumeThis Dark Centacorn costume was originally inspired by Fantasia. I combined the characters of the black pegasus, the centaur and … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Hela Goddess of Death CostumeMy daughter, Logan, is wearing this costume Hela Goddess of Death costume. My husband and I fabricated the headpiece and I … Read more
- Amazing Hand Made Art Deco Medusa CostumeArt Deco Medusa was handmade by myself and personally styled from the shoes to the headdress, leaving no element un-finessed. … Read more
- Coolest Medusa and Zeus Homemade Halloween Costumes Inspired by The ImmortalsThis year my husband and I decided to be Medusa and Perseus. I wanted to make Medusa like the original … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Centaur Costume with Moving Legs!After going to Ren Faire last year, I sketched out a design for a Centaur costume with moving legs. The … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Centaur CostumeI was out at a festival one summer day when I spied a Centaur walking by. I thought to myself, … Read more
- Epic Homemade Satyr CostumesWe always make my daughters costumes and try to top ourselves the next year, so this year she wanted to … Read more
- Not-So-Scary Child Medusa Homemade CostumeI love making Halloween costumes for my daughter and this past year she wanted to be something fun and not … Read more
- Awesome Homemade Fantasia Centaurette CostumeMy daughter Giselle is responsible for dreaming this Fantasia Centaurette costume up! Giselle has slight sensory processing challenges that over … Read more
- Adorable and Comfortable Homemade Toddler Centaur CostumeI’m really into Greek mythology and thought it would be a very unique and cute idea to see a creature … Read more
- Amazing Steampunk Satyr CostumeThis Steampunk Satyr costume was entirely made by hand! I took my love for fantasy and combined it with my … Read more
- Epic Homemade Medusa CostumeI am wearing my homemade Medusa costume. The idea came to me when I went to Ren Fest one weekend … Read more
Featured Roman, Mythology and Greek Costume Ideas
Art Deco Medusa was handmade by myself and personally styled from the shoes to the headdress, leaving no element un-finessed. The pattern for the dress is researched from 1920’s flapper-style dresses and is made from second-hand deconstructed garments. These garments included an old beaded prom dress, some oversized velvet shirts, and some lace-y undergarments. All of these components are hand dyed and screen printed and create a stone-cold color palette. Read more »
My daughter Giselle is responsible for dreaming this Fantasia Centaurette costume up! Giselle has slight sensory processing challenges that over the years has led to very selective screen time. The high drama and battles of most Disney movies overwhelm her, without fail. We try to find movies to cuddle and watch together. And more often than not, end up turning them off before even halfway. One of the exceptions to this happens to be the original Fantasia movie, which she loved from the first time she saw it. Read more »