Gone are the days of throwing a sheet over yourself and calling it a toga. With the plethora of books and movies for inspiration, these Greek/Roman/Mythology costumes have reached epic proportions.
If you have muscles to show off, a Spartacus costume is a brilliant idea. Another amazing idea is Medusa. The different versions of Medusa featured here are actually breathtaking. For a couple costume idea, you can bring along a stone victim like someone here did.
In addition, you will find an adorable baby Cupid, awesome Centaur costumes and a woman who transformed herself into a singing harp.
Even more idea include Aphrodite, Artemis, Athena – names that roll off your tongue.
Another cool option is to make DIY costumes out of recycled material. You will see gladiators, crusaders, knights and princess costumes that have interestingly all been made out of beer bottle packaging.
So whether you transform into a Satyr, unicorn or human statue, you will find all the homemade costume inspiration you need here.
Latest Roman, Mythology and Greek Costumes
- Not-So-Scary Child Medusa Homemade CostumeI love making Halloween costumes for my daughter and this past year she wanted to be something fun and not … Read more
- Awesome Homemade Fantasia Centaurette CostumeMy daughter Giselle is responsible for dreaming this Fantasia Centaurette costume up! Giselle has slight sensory processing challenges that over … Read more
- Adorable and Comfortable Homemade Toddler Centaur CostumeI’m really into Greek mythology and thought it would be a very unique and cute idea to see a creature … Read more
- Amazing Steampunk Satyr CostumeThis Steampunk Satyr costume was entirely made by hand! I took my love for fantasy and combined it with my … Read more
- Epic Homemade Medusa CostumeI am wearing my homemade Medusa costume. The idea came to me when I went to Ren Fest one weekend … Read more
- Cool DIY Medusa CostumeMy inspiration for the dress came to me when I was watching the cheesy 80’s movie Clash of the Titans. … Read more
- Galactic Centaur Costume – Serving the People and the USAWhen I step into fear, I step into faith. This costume was by far my hardest DIY work. I have … Read more
- Renaissance Festival Faun CostumeI like to frequent Renaissance Festivals, and i’ve always wanted to make a Faun costume. I enjoy the mythological side … Read more
- A Chic Named Bob Dresses As MedusaI have to come right out and admit that I can’t take complete credit for this one. The design, styling, … Read more
- Spartacus and Sura Couple CostumeMy boyfriend Chad and I are huge Spartacus fans! We were both thinking about how cool those outfits are and … Read more
- Little Roman Soldier and Chariot CostumeStory of the Little Roman Soldier and his Chariot Costume January 14, 2015 the lord blessed my husband and I … Read more
- Medusa Costume for a GirlMy daughter is wearing this Medusa costume. She wanted to be something or someone scary for Halloween. So after some … Read more
Featured Roman, Mythology and Greek Costume Ideas
Art Deco Medusa was handmade by myself and personally styled from the shoes to the headdress, leaving no element un-finessed. The pattern for the dress is researched from 1920’s flapper-style dresses and is made from second-hand deconstructed garments. These garments included an old beaded prom dress, some oversized velvet shirts, and some lace-y undergarments. All of these components are hand dyed and screen printed and create a stone-cold color palette. Read more »
My daughter Giselle is responsible for dreaming this Fantasia Centaurette costume up! Giselle has slight sensory processing challenges that over the years has led to very selective screen time. The high drama and battles of most Disney movies overwhelm her, without fail. We try to find movies to cuddle and watch together. And more often than not, end up turning them off before even halfway. One of the exceptions to this happens to be the original Fantasia movie, which she loved from the first time she saw it. Read more »