Calling all visionaries! Imagine a futuristic world where robots and aliens live among us. Inspired? Then you will love this epic collection of homemade SciFi and futuristic costumes.
Begin with the robots here. You will see pretty pink or purple robots to complicated cyborgs, and everything in between.
Also, discover the coolest secrets to creating the most fascinating aliens. Find out how to make an insanely creepy tentacles and how to create a stunning silver alien. You will find so many unique extraterrestrial beings here. The DIY costume options are seriously endless.
In addition, there are incredibly original homemade steampunk costumes here. For instance, check out the steampunk-style Mad Hatter and the steampunk zombie woman.
So if you want to glow-in-the-dark, give yourself a third eye or gain robotic features, you must check out these DIY SciFi and futuristic costumes below. Your best homemade costume is only limited by your imagination!
Latest Futuristic and SciFi Costumes
- Amazing Homemade Viktor The Machine Herald Cyborg CostumeThis costume from start to finish was a 3 month endeavor in which I had to learn the basics of … Read more
- Very Cool Homemade Alien Couple CostumeHere’s our cool homemade Alien couple costume – we are aliens from Venus visiting from Venus. We couldn’t go on … Read more
- Cool Handmade Alien from Mars CostumeThis Alien costume was inspired by the Tim Burton film, Mars Attacks! I Hand made this costume from the ground … Read more
- Fun Couple Costume: Alien and Tourist Shot in Area 51When the Storm Area 51 event landed on my Facebook feed like thousands of planes landed in Paradise, Nevada’s McCarran … Read more
- Awesome DIY Cyborg Costume – Locutus of Borg ( MODDED v6.0 )Hello, My name is Kenny, and I’ve always been a huge fan of technology! I’ve always been good with wires. … Read more
- Amazing Homemade Light Up the Night Robot Child CostumeMy son is obsessed with robots. My first idea was a classic cardboard box style costume. The problem is he’s … Read more
- Awesome DIY Steampunk Ursula Costume is Making WavesThis creation of this Steampunk Ursula costume has been filled with a lot of firsts. From leather and metal working, … Read more
- Amazingly Adorable DIY Pink Robot CostumeOur 4 year old, Charlotte, asked to be a robot for Halloween. My husband said, challenge accepted! We made the … Read more
- Awesome Homemade Futurama Bender CostumeMy 9 year old son was determined to have a Bender costume for Halloween. In addition, he had a lot … Read more
- Unique Extraterrestrial Steampunk Cyborg CostumeThe Extraterrestrial Steampunk Cyborg costume came about after my mother told me a story about an uncle of mine. He … Read more
- Amazing Steampunk Satyr CostumeThis Steampunk Satyr costume was entirely made by hand! I took my love for fantasy and combined it with my … Read more
- Mom and Son Cardboard Robot CostumesI made these cardboard robot costumes because my son decided he wanted to be a robot for Halloween. Since he’s … Read more
Featured Futuristic and SciFi Costumes
My son is obsessed with robots. My first idea was a classic cardboard box style costume. The problem is he’s two and picky and it had to be comfortable. So I came up with this robot child costume. I got out my clunker of a sewing machine and some stretchy silver fabric and got to work making a basic pair of pants and long sleeve shirt. I found some snow boots at the local goodwill and spray painted those silver. I bought out the dollar tree in battery operated mini lights. Also, I bought a package of some mesh tubing there to make wreaths or some such. Read more »
This year I decided to create an old-school Alien costume with a UFO, something that I’ve wanted to do ever since I was a kid. Some sci-fi influences include the Tim Burton film Mars Attacks!, Buck Rodgers, the Twilight Zone episode “To Serve Man” and the little green men from Roswell’s Area 51 culture. Read more »