Calling all visionaries! Imagine a futuristic world where robots and aliens live among us. Inspired? Then you will love this epic collection of homemade SciFi and futuristic costumes.
Begin with the robots here. You will see pretty pink or purple robots to complicated cyborgs, and everything in between.
Also, discover the coolest secrets to creating the most fascinating aliens. Find out how to make an insanely creepy tentacles and how to create a stunning silver alien. You will find so many unique extraterrestrial beings here. The DIY costume options are seriously endless.
In addition, there are incredibly original homemade steampunk costumes here. For instance, check out the steampunk-style Mad Hatter and the steampunk zombie woman.
So if you want to glow-in-the-dark, give yourself a third eye or gain robotic features, you must check out these DIY SciFi and futuristic costumes below. Your best homemade costume is only limited by your imagination!
Latest Futuristic and SciFi Costumes
- Awesome DIY Alien Infestation CostumeThis year, on Halloween, I wasn’t quite myself; an otherworldly creature crawled beneath my skin—and could be seen bursting out … Read more
- Sexy Homemade Alien Invader CostumeAlien costumes are not easy to find. I wanted something that reminded people of the aliens from the movie Alien … Read more
- Steampunk Bird Hybrid CostumeThe Steampunk Bird Woman, Miss Ava Fortune, was crafted from re-purposed cast-off materials. Miss Ava Fortune was a former high … Read more
- Awesome Articulated (Carboard!) Robot Costume with Tape PlayerMy girlfriend and I always spend too much money on supplies to make our Halloween costumes, which is a big … Read more
- Coolest Ever Homemade Tinkerbell Steampunk CostumeHere’s how our Tinkerbell Steampunk costume came to life. Every year towards the end of August I ask my three … Read more
- Cool Flashing and Blinking Homemade Robot CostumeThis cool Flashing and Blinking homemade Robot Costume was a fun costume to make. After viewing some other robots on … Read more
- Original Steampunk Assassin Halloween CostumeI love Steampunk and I wanted an original Steampunk Assassin Halloween Costume that would be elaborate, but fun to make. … Read more
- Epic DIY Robot CostumeBrainStorm is made mostly of aluminum, along with PVC, plastic salsa bowls, and a good amount of electronics. I used … Read more
- Coolest Monster Carrying Baby CostumeI spent time contemplating on what I was going to be this year, then it hit me! I was originally … Read more
- Amazing Homemade Viktor The Machine Herald Cyborg CostumeThis costume from start to finish was a 3 month endeavor in which I had to learn the basics of … Read more
- Very Cool Homemade Alien Couple CostumeHere’s our cool homemade Alien couple costume – we are aliens from Venus visiting from Venus. We couldn’t go on … Read more
- Cool Handmade Alien from Mars CostumeThis Alien costume was inspired by the Tim Burton film, Mars Attacks! I Hand made this costume from the ground … Read more
Featured Futuristic and SciFi Costumes
My son is obsessed with robots. My first idea was a classic cardboard box style costume. The problem is he’s two and picky and it had to be comfortable. So I came up with this robot child costume. I got out my clunker of a sewing machine and some stretchy silver fabric and got to work making a basic pair of pants and long sleeve shirt. I found some snow boots at the local goodwill and spray painted those silver. I bought out the dollar tree in battery operated mini lights. Also, I bought a package of some mesh tubing there to make wreaths or some such. Read more »
This year I decided to create an old-school Alien costume with a UFO, something that I’ve wanted to do ever since I was a kid. Some sci-fi influences include the Tim Burton film Mars Attacks!, Buck Rodgers, the Twilight Zone episode “To Serve Man” and the little green men from Roswell’s Area 51 culture. Read more »