Mexican culture has enriched our lives for the better. As a result, this inspirational collection of DIY Mexican theme costumes are vivid, bright and multicolored.
One fan favorite costume is to dress up as homemade piñatas. The fringes that you will see here are eye-catching and fun! There is definitely a smart method to creating this look. It pays to read the helpful hints and tips from the costumer makers here so you don’t repeat their mistakes.
In addition, not only are the piñata costumes beautiful, some people have expounded on them to make them hilarious as well. One costume comes with someone holding a bat next to it, another couple decided to use makeup to appear beaten up.
All that’s left to do now is to don a sombrero, eat a burrito and shout “Olé!” as you check out these awesome homemade Mexican theme costumes.
Latest Mexican Theme Costumes
- Original PTSD Pinata Costume Idea for a Woman“Those kids…they were vicious, man. ” This was the result of a very well-thought out, prepared costume, the abuse it … Read more
- Most Awesome Homemade Pinata Costume Ever!Every year, I ‘m challenged with what my kids will be for Halloween. Being a stay at home mom to … Read more
- Taco Man and Baby Burrito Brother and Baby CostumeSo this year we decided that we would make my 8yr old son be a typical taco Man. Using clothing … Read more
- Cool Pinata Costume for a ToddlerRyan, my 13 month old is the stud wearing the piñata costume. This piñata didn’t provide any candy, but he … Read more
- Adorable Baby Pinata CostumeCostumes are kind of a big deal in our home. My husband and I go to 2-3 costume parties a … Read more
- Mexican Pinata Couple CostumeFor this costume, I made a pinata. I did this by free hand cutting felt and hot gluing it onto … Read more
- Comic Con El Chapulin Colorado Tribute CostumeI decided to cosplay with El Chapulin for the first time this year, so what better place to do it … Read more
- Crafty Pinata with Sweet Guts CostumeSo this crafty Piñata with Sweet Guts costume all started with a crazy dream I had in the summer. I … Read more
- Inexpensive Raging Bull Pinata CostumeI was in need of a costume but I had very little money. I did however have a lot of … Read more
- Cool Baby Pinata CostumeI started on this costume super-early since my husband is in the military and he would be missing his 1st … Read more
- Hilarious Homemade El Chapulin Colorado CostumeHere’s my El Chapulin Colorado costume from bottom to top. I bought used Chuck Taylor’s off of EBay for $10. … Read more
- Best Pinata Costume for a WomanI had fun with this Pinata costume and I hope you enjoy seeing it here and have fun with it!!! … Read more
Featured Mexican Theme Costumes
For this costume, I made a piñata. I did this by free hand cutting felt and hot gluing it onto a shirt and a skirt that I already had. I got two party hats, cut the felt into smaller sections, using the same color order as my outfit and hot glued them to the hat. I cut the sleeve off my shirt and covered those with felt, I wore that as my leg warmers. I lined the skirt and the leg warmers with a lime green ribbon to make it a more complete look. Read more »
I took two large boxes from Home Depot, cut them out in the shape of a truck. Then I spray painted all of the sides and let it dry over night. Next was all decoration! I used aluminum foil for the windshield and the hub-caps of the wheels. I used a lot of construction paper to decorate: make license plates, make my logo, a piñata, lights, etc. I added another piece of cardboard for the window where the tacos were being sold out of. Read more »