Loving your furry companion means including them in the Halloween fun. They can sweetly watch you put on your own costume and may beg you with their eyes not to stuff them into a costume. But, unless you’re made of stone, you cannot resist this adorably hilarious collection of homemade pet costumes.
There is something for every pet here. Whether they are yearning to be a Storm Trooper or a frosted cupcake. Learn the tips and tricks here from other pet owners who ensure their beloved pets would be able to move (and pee!) in these amazing DIY costumes.
Part of what makes these costumes so awesome are the expressions on the animals here. Whether they are looking to escape or just resigned to wearing a homemade costume, they are hilarious.
In addition, you will also find awesomely fun owner and pet couple costumes. If you’ve never tried one, now is definitely the time!
So, check out these entertaining and comfortable DIY pet costumes for a Paw-sitively awesome Halloween.
Latest Pet Halloween Costumes
- Frida and Victor: A Doggone Artistic DuoUpon rescuing our Schnauzer mix, we were instantly captivated by her bushy eyebrows, leading us to name her Frida. With … Read more
- Cool Dog and Owner Couple Costume: Lion Tamer and Her Ferocious Lion!My sweet puggle was the inspiration for my costume this year. The circus came to town and my twin, six-year old … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Peacock Costume for Pet DogI started on her hat first. I got her hat at a discounted wholesale store for $1. Then I went … Read more
- Coolest Jockey and Horse Costume: Off to the Races!I wanted to enter a local pet costume contest with my Great Dane, and I figured including my darling daughter … Read more
- Funny Homemade Dog Costume: Gobble Til You WobbleI would like to introduce Odie my 8 year old Chihuahua. He is a rescue that I adopted three years … Read more
- Homemade King Candy and Princess Lolly Costumes for our Pet DogsThe game of Candyland has come to life. Gryphon is King Kandy, standing in front of his special Candy Castle. … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Couple Costume for Pet Dogs: Magician Sawing Assistant in HalfIt’s time for the Halloween Golden Magic Show! Master Magician Phoenix the Phenomenal is showing off his latest trick. He … Read more
- Best Homemade Dog Pirate CostumeThis is Bob dressed up as Jack Sparrow and his Pirate. They are carrying their treasure chest loaded with booty! … Read more
- The Very Best 3-Legged Lioness – Pet Dog Costume!My 3-legged Isabelle survived Hurricane Katrina and 2 cancers, including one resulting in the amputation of her leg, was always … Read more
- Awesome DIY Sinbad Pirate Dog Costume and Amazing Cardboard Ship!Here’s the story of how we created this Sinbad pirate dog costume for my dog Kalin. This spring Kalin lost … Read more
- Coolest Ever DIY Fred Flintstone Cat CostumeHere’s the coolest every cat costume featuring Louie, my 5 year old rescue cat. Louie loves to go outside on … Read more
- Cool Homemade Costume Idea for Your Dog: Echo the ScorpionTo make Echo’s handmade Scorpion costume, a combination of latex, wire, stuffing, knit fabric, Velcro and sewing machine are required. … Read more
Featured Pet Halloween Costumes
Alright, let’s start this off. I LOVE to make Halloween doggie costumes. I think of an idea, and then hop to it and spend weeks searching for the right items to make it. Used and cheaper, the better. I love to upcycle! I get such a thrill to find the items to piece it together. It’s like a scavenger hunt that I keep up with until I find all my items. Read more »
Here’s a pretty Peacock cat costume I made for Sophie, our 4 year old rescue kitty. Sophie is very outgoing and has no problem wearing hats or costumes. She loves attention and so I thought why not try to make a pretty peacock costume for her to proudly strut around in that would match her personality. Read more »