You’re in the army now with the coolest collection of homemade military costumes. Be a good soldier as you browse through these fantastic DIY costumes. Discover the best tutorials for creating your own for Halloween.
Be a monochromatic green toy soldier. Pro tip: you will need way more green spray paint than you can imagine! Also, this costume looks amazing when worn by a group. And, of course, toy army guys can’t walk so they definitely need a homemade tank costume. Take a look at the tutorials here to create your own. They’re extremely impressive and totally doable.
Another option is an awesome paratrooper costume. Take this DIY costume to new heights with some helium balloons.
In addition, modify your homemade costume for Halloween by creating a zombie soldier costume. Take a look at the creepy costume below.
So, command a platoon this Halloween with the best DIY costumes found here.
Latest Army Halloween Costume Ideas
- Coolest DIY Plastic Toy Soldiers Group CostumeThis was my family’s Halloween costume for our annual party. My husband and I are both Air Force military vets … Read more
- Cool Homemade Tank Costume for a Boy“Army of One – American Transformer” This is my 12 year old son Billy and his costume which we call … Read more
- Awesome Realistic Toddler Army Tank CostumeWhen your son’s dream is to have an army tank costume, you get to work. After I completely scraped two … Read more
- Toy Soldiers Couple CostumeBought all the costume elements at the local thrift store. After several cans of spray paint and many days of … Read more
- WWII Tanker and Tank Halloween CostumeMy 4 year old daughter wanted to be a WWII tanker for Halloween. The costume was made by me, her … Read more
- DIY Group Toy Soldier CostumeFor this DIY group toy soldier costume, we started with the idea since we are a military family and it … Read more
- Plastic Army Man CostumesThese plastic Army man costumes started because we found the Keystone Light – White Beer Can. We wanted to do something … Read more
- Toy Army Man Costume for a BoyMy son chose a toy army man costume to go along with my toy/game theme. We love our school’s Trunk-or-Treat … Read more
- Instant Green Army Man CostumeWho doesn’t have fond memories of playing with the little green army men during childhood? Or the not so fond … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Plastic Toy Soldier Group CostumeLet’s just say, this has been my favorite costume we’ve ever done, and we’ve done some pretty fun costumes! I … Read more
- Homemade Toy Army Men Group CostumeHalloween is our favorite time of the year. Leaves are falling, warm colors, pumpkins, ghosts and little goblins everywhere! I … Read more
- Coolest Toy Soldier Army of ThreeThis toy soldier army of three costume was a huge hit this Halloween. We perused the internet for the green … Read more
Featured Army Halloween Costume Ideas
This was my family’s Halloween costume for our annual party. My husband and I are both Air Force military vets so we saw this fitting. For months our family of 5 searched second hand stores, yard sales and flea markets to find old fatigues, belts and military what nots. Then came the paint… We painted, and painted and painted. Coats of paint. We used nylon stockings for our faces. We spray painted gloves, toy guns and hats. Read more »
When your son’s dream is to have an army tank costume, you get to work. After I completely scraped two tank tries, I got it right with this one! Materials for the army tank costume: I utilized a 5 by 3 foot industrial cardboard, a lot of Gorilla Glue, Gorilla Tape, and spray adhesive in order to get the camouflage fabric to stick. Read more »