Enter the lawless world of the old West where anything goes. Cowboys and cowgirls face Native Americans in this cool collection of Wild West costumes.
Step into a saloon with lacy burlesque DIY costumes. Check out the authentic fans and head pieces. For travel across difficult terrain, a wagon makes an excellent costume prop. You can find instructions how to make one here. Additional landscape you may encounter are cacti dotting the landscape. Potted or free standing – both types will be spotted here.
Also, Tiger Lily and Pocahontas both grace this section. Check out their cool fringes and head gear to inspire your own DIY Princess look.
So pull on your boots and get ready to face real danger in this fierce section of Wild West costumes. Inspired to create your own homemade costume? We would love to see it. Feel free to share it with us here!
Latest Wild West Costumes
- Coolest Homemade Cactus CostumeWe had just moved to Mesa, AZ… in honor of the heat and the local flora, we decided our six-month … Read more
- Coolest Cactus Homemade CostumeThis costume was for Western Day at my school. I knew right away that I wanted to be a cactus, … Read more
- Coolest Giant Homemade Cactus CostumeLast year, I moved to the Southwest, and wanted to celebrate with something southwest themed. Roadrunner? Cotote? Chile pepper? Nope… … Read more
- Coolest DIY Womens Cowgirl CostumeI didn’t know what I was going to be for Halloween this year until I was inspired by my long … Read more
- Guy Version of Pocahontas CostumeI wanted to change something up, do a twist of someone that I like. When I was little the movie … Read more
- “Prick or Treat” Cactus CostumeWe made this cactus costume for our daughter, Margaret, who was made in Scottsdale, AZ. She was a desert girl … Read more
- Awesome DIY Indian Costume and War BonnetThis Tiger Lilly Indian costume and war Bonnet was inspired by a Victoria Secret Fashion Show. I made it out of … Read more
- Cowboy vs Indian in One CostumeI am a Halloween fanatic it is my favorite holiday and every year I try to come up with something … Read more
- Prettiest Indian Princess Costume EverI love creating costumes for the kids and what I do is nothing fancy or professional, I do it all by hand … Read more
- Cutest Cow Child Cowgirl CostumeHowdy! Check out our little cutie in her homemade child cowgirl costume. Most little girls are animal lovers. Our little … Read more
- Classy Country Family CostumesThis whole thing was thrown together and it worked perfectly. My 2 yr son with his awesome mullet, my step … Read more
- YEEHawww Cowgirl CostumeMy original costume idea did not get much attention, so I decided to change things up a little at the … Read more
Featured Wild West Costumes
These Cowboy and Indian costumes were for my twins, I basically put together the cowboy costume from different items I searched for and bought, some retail and some thrift store. I am not a big fan of out-of-the-bag costumes and never have been. I did make the Indian costume. I just purchased a suede looking women’s dress from a thrift store in the color I wanted, for about 4 dollars, and picked it apart with a seam picker to use the material. Read more »
I am a Halloween fanatic it is my favorite holiday and every year I try to come up with something that no one else would think of and that I can make myself. I also like the shock factor in a costume and this one definitely got a lot of attention! This costume took me about 15 hours to make, it was a lot of work but the reactions I got made it all worth while. First I cut an old pair of jeans down the middle leaving the waste band so they wouldn’t fall off then I cut the shirt in half attaching the back in my jeans with a safety pin and then double sided tape to keep in on my body. Read more »