The deep blue waters conceal the hidden depths of the marine life lurking there. Your under the sea costumes are just a dive away in this cool DIY collection.
Learn how others have made octopuses, glowing jellyfish and even a seahorse. There is no limit to the underwater creatures you can create. When you see how people here have constructed their homemade costumes, you will be inspired to take on your own subaquatic ensemble.
One popular option is, of course, mermaid costumes. The most famous being The Little Mermaid, but plenty of other original mermaids are flicking their tails here.
Another sea creature not associated with reality, you will be glad to encounter Sharknado costumes here. Every bit of detail brings these costumes to another level of hilarity.
In addition, check out this clever idea of bringing the water to you with an aquarium costume. There are incredible instructions here where you can learn how to make them glow.
So take the plunge this Halloween and dive into one of the awesome oceanic inspired homemade costumes here!
Latest Under the Sea Halloween Costumes
- Cool Balloons Galore Family CostumesSince my balloon installation business, Bean and Boosh, soared to new heights this year, our Halloween costumes were all based … Read more
- Adorable Toddler Octopus CostumeCostumes are kind of a big deal in our home. My husband and I go to 2-3 costume parties a … Read more
- Incredible Homemade Light Up Jellyfish CostumeI made this for work. I work with patients in the dark so I was looking for ways to glow … Read more
- Cool Homemade Angler Fish CostumeHere is my son, the Angler Fish (original fish, not the character from movie). He wants to be a scientist, … Read more
- Stunning Homemade Jellyfish CostumeMy daughter and I were watching Finding Nemo and as soon as she saw the part that Dory and Nemo … Read more
- Cool DIY Glowing Jellyfish CostumesHow we Became Jellyfish My fiancé and I were sitting on the couch one night discussing what we were going … Read more
- Cool Mermaid CostumeI only had 2 days to put this costume together for a local Lagunitas Beer Circus I was attending at … Read more
- Sexy Sea Siren Homemade CostumeI have been designing costumes for my daughter since she was two years old. It’s been a tradition that I’ve … Read more
- Cool Killer Whale & Trainer Couple CostumeMy husband and I have always done a couple costume, and this year was no different. I got the idea … Read more
- Glowing Jellyfish CostumeMy 8 year old daughter wanted a glowing Jellyfish costume for Halloween. OK. Here’s how we pulled it together. Glowing … Read more
- Blackbeard Discovers Mermaid Illusion CostumeAhoy mateys!! Look at this magical discovery that pirate Blackbeard stumble upon on his last voyage! This beautiful mythical creature … Read more
- Our Little Mermaid in CostumeMy 3-year-old daughter is really into mermaids. Not the Little Mermaid specifically, but mermaids in general. She asked to be … Read more
Halloween Coupons and Discounts
Click here for 10% off your order at HalloweenCostumes.com (Expires Sep. 25, 2021)
Shop now with coupon HA18 for 18% Off Sitewide at Rolecosplay.com (Expires Sep. 30, 2021)
Shop with coupon SAS10 for 10% Off Sitewide at Gcosplay.com (Expires Dec. 28, 2021)
Essential Workers? Get 20% of at HalloweenCostumes.com (Expires Aug. 18, 2022)
Featured Under the Sea Halloween Costumes
I’m not sure where this trait came from, but I am a bit obsessed with costumes. I will spend time that I don’t have to hand craft extravagant costumes that will be worn for an hour or so. Why? I’m not sure. I just can’t seem to help myself. Being that this is Archie’s first Halloween, I decided it should be a good one. I love all things Wes Anderson, Life Aquatic, The Beatles Yellow Submarine and of course, Jacques Cousteau. It seemed only appropriate that “Adventure Baby” (our nickname for Archie) be dressed as a mini scuba diver. Read more »
My daughter and I were watching Finding Nemo and as soon as she saw the part that Dory and Nemo jump on the tops of the jellyfish, she decided she wanted to be a jellyfish for Halloween. She wanted to use a clear umbrella as the base but we decided that a hat style might be easier for her to wear while trick or treating. The base of the jellyfish is a sombrero. I filled the brim with newspaper and bubble wrap so it would still be fairly lightweight and covered it with a piece of scrap fabric I had. Read more »