The deep blue waters conceal the hidden depths of the marine life lurking there. Your under the sea costumes are just a dive away in this cool DIY collection.
Learn how others have made octopuses, glowing jellyfish and even a seahorse. There is no limit to the underwater creatures you can create. When you see how people here have constructed their homemade costumes, you will be inspired to take on your own subaquatic ensemble.
One popular option is, of course, mermaid costumes. The most famous being The Little Mermaid, but plenty of other original mermaids are flicking their tails here.
Another sea creature not associated with reality, you will be glad to encounter Sharknado costumes here. Every bit of detail brings these costumes to another level of hilarity.
In addition, check out this clever idea of bringing the water to you with an aquarium costume. There are incredible instructions here where you can learn how to make them glow.
So take the plunge this Halloween and dive into one of the awesome oceanic inspired homemade costumes here!
Latest Under the Sea Halloween Costumes
- Cool DIY Jaws Shark Attack Costume – Quint’s Demise!I’ve been a fan of Jaws since I was a kid in the 70s. My wife and have also always … Read more
- DIY Angler Fish Costume for a Future Marine BiologistMy son’s birthday is on Halloween, therefore he is very passionate about that holiday. He loves ocean creature and his … Read more
- Cool Homemade “Shark Week” Group CostumeThese costumes were epic! The best we have ever done. We won overall best costume at one of the costume … Read more
- Awesome DIY Sea Star Costumes for two GirlsMy adventure began with my two nieces’, Kate and Stephanie, wanting to be “Sea Stars” for Halloween 2012. My sister, … Read more
- Coolest Breathing Jellyfish CostumeThis breathing Jellyfish costume was a really easy costume to make. I already had everything at home so it didn’t cost … Read more
- Coolest Aquarium Scuba Diver CostumeHow I Made My Aquarium/Scuba Diver Costume: I got the idea from this website and added my own touches. This … Read more
- Coolest Fish Tank CostumeOne fish. Two Fish. Red Fish. Blue Fish. I have wanted to be an aquarium for quite some time not … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Glowing Jellyfish CostumesMy daughter has started school and is loving learning about animals. Her favorite is the jellyfish so I thought why … Read more
- Cool DIY Great White Shark Costume with Chomping Mouth!My son wanted to a great white shark costume for Halloween. I want to encourage his love of marine life … Read more
- Coolest Deadliest Catch aka Crab Man CostumeI came up with this idea for a Homemade Deadliest Catch aka Crab Man Costume while eating Pringles. It was … Read more
- A Challenging and Original Mermaid Siren CostumeFor the longest time, I wanted to see what it would be like to create a Mermaid Siren costume. I … Read more
- Famous Painting Costume – Lady In Gold by Gustov KlimtMy goal this year was to create a famous painting costume. I started thinking about my favorite pieces and Gustov … Read more
Featured Under the Sea Halloween Costumes
I’m not sure where this trait came from, but I am a bit obsessed with costumes. I will spend time that I don’t have to hand craft extravagant costumes that will be worn for an hour or so. Why? I’m not sure. I just can’t seem to help myself. Being that this is Archie’s first Halloween, I decided it should be a good one. I love all things Wes Anderson, Life Aquatic, The Beatles Yellow Submarine and of course, Jacques Cousteau. It seemed only appropriate that “Adventure Baby” (our nickname for Archie) be dressed as a mini scuba diver. Read more »
My daughter and I were watching Finding Nemo and as soon as she saw the part that Dory and Nemo jump on the tops of the jellyfish, she decided she wanted to be a jellyfish for Halloween. She wanted to use a clear umbrella as the base but we decided that a hat style might be easier for her to wear while trick or treating. The base of the jellyfish is a sombrero. I filled the brim with newspaper and bubble wrap so it would still be fairly lightweight and covered it with a piece of scrap fabric I had. Read more »