Show your smarts this Halloween with these brilliantly unique and clever wordplay costumes. Check out this collection here of incredibly witty and fantastically funny homemade costumes.
Get people to stop in their tracks as they figure out your brainy costume. In addition, use the costumes here to inspire your imagination. The possibilities are enormously fun. Even better, constructing a wordplay costume can be fast and cheap.
For instance, take a look at how costumers here pulled off a Freudian slip, a cereal killer and a carpool. More examples include, one night stands, pot heads, spice girls, sand-witches and ceiling fans. Don’t even consider getting a store-bought costume! The potential for homemade costumes in this section is just too awesome.
So, don’t panic if you are stuck without a costume idea. Get inspired by these DIY wordplay costumes. Then, go and create your own for Halloween!
Latest Wordplay Costumes
- Easy Last Minute It’s Raining Men CostumeSo every year I do a theme party for Halloween. This year, the theme was “Name that Tune”. It was … Read more
- Butter-Fly Wordplay CostumeI recently transferred to a different office within my company, so when I heard that my new office was having … Read more
- Punniest Costume Ever: Brainstorm CostumeHalloween is the one time of the year to get creative and dress up in a unique one of a … Read more
- Family Tree CostumeI used a pop-up laundry basket for the torso of the costume and covered it with a large turtle neck … Read more
- Taco Belle Wordplay CostumeI bought a Belle dress and wig. Then I bought a bunch of felt and made an apron out of … Read more
- Pink Freud – Mens Pun CostumeEvery year I design my costume to be a historical figure pun. This year, my mother suggested Pink Freud, and … Read more
- Parting the Red C Wordplay CostumeOur son came up with this wordplay costume after history class learning about the Red Sea. He then added the … Read more
- Jack in the Box Wordplay CostumeI’m all about simplicity. I just cut some holes in a large box and attached a pot and a donkey … Read more
- Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Baby CostumeI wanted to give my six month old daughter something to wear that was as unique and original as she was. … Read more
- White Trash Bride CostumeThis White Trash bride costume was fun to make. Get your shopping done at the Salvation Army or a thrift … Read more
- Cute Snail-Mail Couple CostumeThis is a great costume for couples or pals who want to take a break from the growing presence of … Read more
- Cool San Diego (Sandy Eggo) Couples CostumeMy sorority had a date party themed “compound words”. The guy I was taking is named Sandy, so when we … Read more
Halloween Coupons and Discounts
Click here for 10% off your order at HalloweenCostumes.com (Expires Sep. 25, 2021)
Shop now with coupon HA18 for 18% Off Sitewide at Rolecosplay.com (Expires Sep. 30, 2021)
Shop with coupon SAS10 for 10% Off Sitewide at Gcosplay.com (Expires Dec. 28, 2021)
Essential Workers? Get 20% of at HalloweenCostumes.com (Expires Aug. 18, 2022)
Featured NAME Costumes
I recently transferred to a different office within my company, so when I heard that my new office was having a Halloween costume contest, I knew I needed to make a great impression! My husband and I do a couple’s costume every year, but since he doesn’t work in my office, I knew my costume had to stand alone. I knew it needed to be original and I wanted it to reflect my creativity and my fun-loving personality. So I decided to be a beautiful “butter fly,” a fly in a stick of butter. So funny! Read more »
Every year I design my costume to be a historical figure pun. This year, my mother suggested Pink Freud, and I started working out how to best emulate Sigmund Freud with as much pink as possible. To mimic portraits of Freud, I required a few items that were simply unavailable in stores, the most significant of which was an 1800s-style pink three piece suit. Read more »