Calling all athletes and nature lovers to this awesome collection of homemade sports and outdoors costumes. These sports and outdoors easy DIY Halloween costumes are inspired by the games we love and the great outdoors. Best of all, you don’t need to be a professional to make one of these ensembles.
Some fantastic homemade costumes ideas you will see here are scuba divers, hunters and mini golfers. Need a group costume? Try the hilarious Harlem Globetrotters found here.
Another type of DIY costume in this category are for those who prefer to take an inactive role. Sitting on the sidelines is tons of fun when you dress up like a trophy or a mascot. More ideas include a humorous tailgater and awesome football fields. You will even see Stanley Cups here.
In addition, you will find clever ideas tailor-made for Halloween. For instance, an optical illusion headless football player and a zombie cheerleader.
So whether you’re looking for baby zumba costumes or professional wrestlers, check out this section for your DIY Halloween costume inspiration!
Latest Sports and Outdoors Costumes
- Cool Soccer Ball Childrens Halloween Costume IdeasI had been trying to think of some original childrens Halloween costume this year. I had bought several 3ft. balls … Read more
- Cool Homemade NASCAR Costume IdeasI was searching for NASCAR costume ideas and this is what I came up with. My dad is a big … Read more
- Last-Minute DIY Toddler Costume: USA Olympic Gold Medalist Gymnast Gabby DouglasI came up with this idea like a week before Halloween . My 1 year old already had a store … Read more
- Coolest Last-Minute Basketball and Net CostumeCut out the bottom of a round laundry basket, cut a piece of cardboard to use as a back board(connect … Read more
- Cool Homemade Hulk Hogan CostumeMy coworker and I decided to put a spin on ‘sports day’ and went with Hulk Hogan and Macho Man … Read more
- Awesome Homemade Antique Deep Sea Diver Halloween CostumeAfter looking for days online for the costume I wanted to make I decided on a diving costume. I also … Read more
- Creative Football Referee Costume with “Measuring” CrutchesAbout a month before Halloween I had to have knee surgery so I had to have crutches for my Halloween … Read more
- Coolest Baby Golfer in a Golf Cart Stroller CostumeThis baby golfer in a golf cart stroller costume is so easy, all I used was: Single Stroller, large sheets … Read more
- Absolutely Amazing Mini-Mascot CostumeMy son has a love of, or more like a passion for, Cosmo, the Cougar mascot for Brigham Young University. … Read more
- Coolest Deep Sea Diver Halloween CostumeWell this is what happens every year!! After a flash of inspiration and about 30 hours of handy work. Its … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Aquarium Deep Sea Diver CostumeFor Halloween I wanted to be the deep-sea diver aquarium man that releases bubble to aerate the water. When I … Read more
- Coolest Bull Rider CostumeMy son Sawyer is 2 1/2 years old and is obsessed with bull riding. That is all he talks about … Read more
Featured Sports and Outdoors Easy DIY Halloween Costumes
These costumes were for our school Senior Social, which was a Halloween party for the senior class! We got together as a group and spray painted our sports equipment and clothing in order to make it as gold as can be. Next we painted our bodies completely gold, which took about 2 hours total! Once we were completely gold we couldn’t believe how much we actually looked like real trophies. Read more »
For nine month old Charley Paige, the BEST part of the day is bath-time! It’s no wonder, her Mom and Dad are both SCUBA divers, beach lovers, boaters and ocean seekers. Charley hasn’t been able to go to the beach, yet, (thanks Pandemic) so to cope, her absolute favorite thing to do is wade in her baby pool and splash in the bathtub every, single night until she turns into a prune. With water as her first love, her first Halloween costume was a no brainer .. Cutest lil’ SCUBA diver: “Charley the Chum Chaser”! Read more »
The entertaining world of the WWE provides tons of extravagant DIY costume inspiration. The larger-than-life personalities compete only with their ability to accessorize. So have fun browsing through this collection of homemade wrestling costumes. Read more »