The amazing costume designers here have taken on the challenge of creating animated character costumes and bringing them to life.
There is plenty of room for interpretation as a character travels from the cartoon into the real world. It’s very cool to see the process. Sometimes capturing the feel of a character is more important than the actual intricate details.
What is really interesting is to see how many costumes there are for the same character that are all so uniquely different yet also instantly recognizable.
For instance, Ursula the Sea Witch is a fan favorite because of her scary detailed features. No two Ursulas here look alike, yet they are all absolutely the terrifying villain from The Little Mermaid.
In addition, you will learn incredible tips to take your costume making to the next level.
Latest Animated Character Costumes
- Homemade Corpse Bride CostumeI had already done Sally. I wanted to do the Corpse Bride costume. I already had the technique down for … Read more
- Out-of-this-World Jetson’s Family Costume!We had a blast as the Jetson family! It’s rare that the kiddos actually want to participate with dear old … Read more
- Coolest Armored Batman CostumeMy costume is the armored Batman from the Batman versus Superman movie. My Love for Batman extends all the way … Read more
- Great Homemade Wall-E and Eve CostumesTwo weeks before Halloween, my 5 year old son decided wanted to be WALL-E. After searching the Internet for costumes, … Read more
- Coolest Toy Story 4 Costume for a Family of 4Our Toy Story costume was a challenge with the time crunch I was given by the creators (my little ones). … Read more
- A Two-Faced Costume Liars and Backstabbers Would Kill ForI am wearing a suit tarnished with fire (appropriately), clay, and paint. The face was done with prosthetics, glue, and … Read more
- Scary Mickey and Minnie Mouse DIY Couple CostumeThe inspiration for my scary Mickey and Minnie Mouse couple costume came when I was brainstorming what to be for … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Yzma and Kronk Couple CostumeThis Emperor’s New Groove couples costume is one I’ve been wanting to do for a while now, but I was … Read more
- Ursula Costume – “Prettiest FAT Girl in the Sea!”Hi my name is Diavion and I chose to do this costume because URSULA is the prettiest FAT girl in … Read more
- Homemade Texas Scarecrow CostumeInspired by my favorite Batman Villain “Scarecrow”, When season 5 of Gotham came out they blew me away with Scarecrow’s … Read more
- Dog and Owner Costume – Handmade Beauty and the… Dog?This dress was mostly finished a couple years before I thought to make it my Halloween costume, but the addition … Read more
- Homemade Maleficent Costume for a GirlThe wings of this Maleficent costume are cardboard with about a thousand feathers attached with spray adhesive. The shawl was … Read more
We thought it would be fun to dress in Despicable Me costumes since my kids love the Despicable Me movies. For Gru we got a fake nose from the costume store and a striped scarf from Amazon. He wore pants and a jacket he already owned, and stuffed a beach towel under the coat to simulate Gru’s large shoulders. He also spoke in Gru’s accent all night, which all the kids thought was hilarious. Read more »
I made this cool Oogie Boogie Nightmare Before Christmas costume for my boyfriend for Halloween and we were really happy with it. A group of us decided to do Disney villains and he decided straight away he wanted to be Oogie Boogie from Nightmare before Christmas. The Nightmare Before Christmas costume took about 2 weeks to make working on it at night after college for a few hours. It was all handmade by me, no sewing machines or anything were used to make it. Read more »