Take a look at these cool homemade Scooby Doo costumes shared with us by costume enthusiasts from around the world. Along with the costumes here, you’ll also find loads of homemade costume ideas and DIY Halloween costume inspiration for your next costume project. Enjoy!
Latest Scooby Doo Costumes
- Fun and Sexy Costume Idea: Scooby Doo’s Velma Gets a 2013 MakeoverA few summers ago I got a pair of big sorta nerdy glasses that I love and wear every day. … Read more
- Coolest Scooby Doo Family Costume with Hand Built Mystery Machine!We had so much fun with our Scooby Doo family costume! I said our Jetsons family costume last year would … Read more
- Awesome Mystery Machine with Velma and ShaggyMy kids wantsd to be shaggy and Velma for Halloween so I said ok, if that’s what you want to … Read more
- Scooby and the Gang Family CostumeEvery year we dress up as a family for Halloween. This year was no different and so it took us … Read more
- World’s First Known Spooky Space Kook CostumeI loved watching Scooby Doo as a young kid and was terrified by the scariest known Villain – the Spooky … Read more
- Scooby Doo and the Gang Group CostumeScooby Doo and the Gang!!! Our challenge was to find all of our items second-hand and/or really CHEAPLY! We spent … Read more
- Shaggy and Velma Couple CostumeI started with getting a bob style red wig online. It was about $12 including shipping. I also found the … Read more
- Cool Scooby Doo Gang CostumeWe needed a theme and we were all girls and we didn’t want to do anything too traditional so this … Read more
- Simple and Cute Velma CostumeI made this Velma costume for character day during homecoming week at my high school. I got the turtle neck … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Scooby Doo and the Gang Halloween CostumeIt started with ideas for a group costume idea for Halloween. It was my niece who was hugging her Scooby … Read more
- Simple and Easy to Make Velma Costume from the Scooby Doo GangThis simple and easy to make Velma costume from the Scooby Doo Gang is homemade, after looking at off the … Read more
- Last-Minute Scooby and Scrappy Doo CostumesMy sister and I made these costumes for our friends and we are very proud of them. It was a … Read more
Here are our Scooby Doo Costumes. For Velma I found an orange sweater from a thrift store and made the pleated red skirt from a sewing pattern. The socks were softball socks and I found the shoes at Ross. The glasses were the ones with the big nose and a moustache but I pulled off the nose and just used the glasses.
For Fred we got most of it at a thrift store. Dapne’s dress was also made from a dress pattern but we added the stripes on the bottom and the sleeves. For Shaggy it was just a bright green T-Shirt from a T-Shirt store and big baggy brown bell bottoms from the thrift store. The Scooby-Mobile we made from cardboard and some poster paints. We can’t take credit for the little Scooby costume because we bought it.
Total Spent: $50
My sons absolutely adore Scoobydoo costumes. I had been tooling around with the idea of making a racecar costume for my youngest son. I randomly thought of Fred and the Mystery Machine and went with it. In the end my eldest liked the costume mystery box soo much he gave his Sportacus costume to his little brother.
My mother in law was moving so the box came from her house and I used art supplies that I already had on hand. I did have to purchase 2 things, the plates that I used for the wheels and the yarn that held up the box. His ascot came from an old shirt of mine that I cut and then knotted to the right length.
Total Spent: $1.50
My Daughter and her cousin Love the Scooby Doo Movies and wanted Scooby costumes. The two of them do everything together, and so of course their Scooby costumes had to match.
This year they went as Velma and Daphne. We sprayed her blonde with brown and curled her hair under. We found an orange turtle neck sweater, red skirt, orange knee-highs and a pair of black-rimmed glasses. We finished it of with her brown shoes.