Television and web series get a bad reputation when they are overdone. But taken in the right dosage, they can be the perfect escape from reality. Even better, watch along your family and get some quality bonding thrown in.
When you watch the same characters week after week, you feel like you know them intimately. It can take crafting skill and a trained eye to pick on the nuances of each character. The good thing is once you’ve gotten the outside perfect, the personality comes along with it.
There may be a television or web series that you can’t even imagine would translate into an effective costume. One of the most brilliant ones here is the Seinfeld group. Genius in it’s simplicity and instantly recognizable, this is one idea to keep in your back pocket when you’re stuck for a costume idea.
So as you go to relax with a show at the end of the day (or beginning, we don’t judge), try and walk in the steps of your favorite television and web series character. Then share your homemade costume creations with us here. We can’t wait to see them!
Latest Web Series and Television Character Costumes
- Drop Dead Awesome Sesame Street Gang CostumesHi, I’m Megan and these are my friends and mine Sesame Street gang costumes 2012. I’m Cookie Monster, Emily is … Read more
- Coolest Final Jeopardy Halloween Costume That Lights Up!I was Googling different costume ideas two weeks ago, and somehow stumbled on the Jeopardy photos on this site! And … Read more
- Coolest Oscar the Grouch Optical Illusion Costume – Trash or Treat?!This year Gabe is 10, and we can no longer build his costume around a wagon. Last year as Scooby … Read more
- Amazing Cemetery Angel CostumeI asked my 8 yr old daughter Trinity what she wanted to be for Halloween, she replied with “a cemetery … Read more
- Gay Bert and Ernie Get Married CostumeWith the passing of New York’s Gay Marriage, we thought Bert and Ernie should get married. I found foam padding … Read more
- Coolest Yo Gabba Gabba Homemade CostumeMy son decided for this Halloween, he wanted to go as one of his favorite television characters – Plex from … Read more
- Coolest Robbie and Baby Sinclair from Dinosaurs CostumeI’ve always been a fan of the show Dinosaurs, so I decided to give it a shot. Robbie’s dinosaur beak … Read more
- Coolest DIY Oscar the Grouch Halloween CostumeOscar the Grouch has been one of my favorite all time characters. I saw a lot of Oscar costumes, but … Read more
- Coolest Yo Gabba Gabba DIY CostumeLast year it was my husband’s turn to chose our costume. He chose the Super Bowl 2010 Kia Commercial. I … Read more
- The Deadilest Catch CostumeFor this “The Deadliest Catch” costume, I used one long cardboard box and one smaller. I cut the hole out … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Wilson Costume from Home ImprovementWell the idea is to be a Homemade Wilson Costume from Home Improvement. First I got a plaid shirt and … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Alice and The Brady Bunch Costume IdeaThere’s a story of a lovely lady! Growing up I loved The Brady Bunch, so for Halloween I wanted to … Read more
Featured Web Series and Television Character Costumes
I’m a huge Twilight Zone nerd and so this year, after having chopped off all my hair a month prior, I decided it was due time I gave a Halloween nod to the show’s host, Rod Serling. I always make my own costumes, but this year definitely took the cake in terms of how elaborate I ended up getting. The most difficult part was figuring out how to make the costume obvious enough so I wouldn’t be answering the question, “Who are you supposed to be?”, all night, as I feared would happen if I just showed up in a slim grey suit. Read more »
We love Lucy, especially the Women from Mars episode when the girls make $500 for a publicity stunt atop the Empire State Building. I knew we could do these costumes if I could find the pointy noses and the retro ray guns — which I found on Amazon after some searching. It was hard finding the smaller turned up noses, as most prosthetics are witches or Cyrano, or trolls. Found the last pixie noses online at a theatrical store. Read more »