Television and web series get a bad reputation when they are overdone. But taken in the right dosage, they can be the perfect escape from reality. Even better, watch along your family and get some quality bonding thrown in with these cool web series and television character costumes.
When you watch the same characters week after week, you feel like you know them intimately. It can take crafting skill and a trained eye to pick on the nuances of each character. The good thing is once you’ve gotten the outside perfect, the personality comes along with it.
There may be a television or web series that you can’t even imagine would translate into an effective costume. One of the most brilliant ones here is the Seinfeld group. Genius in it’s simplicity and instantly recognizable, this is one idea to keep in your back pocket when you’re stuck for a costume idea.
So as you go to relax with a show at the end of the day (or beginning, we don’t judge), try and walk in the steps of your favorite television and web series character. Then share your homemade costume creations with us here. We can’t wait to see them!
Latest Web Series and Television Character Costumes
- Adorable “I Love Lucy” Homemade Costume for a Toddler!Well, I wanted to do something original for my 2 year old daughter for Halloween! She already has naturally curly … Read more
- Cool Homemade Elmo CostumeThis Elmo costume was made from a pattern that I used last year for my little man’s skeleton costume. It … Read more
- Cool Homemade Sportacus Costume IdeasHere’s how this Sportacus costume came to life. I was never the typical grandma that you hear about on TV. … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Muppets Family Group CostumeEvery year my family decides on a group theme for Halloween. My husband and I always try to stick with … Read more
- Coolest American Gladiators Couple CostumeAfter moving into a new house, my husband and I decided to host a Halloween party. I knew I wanted … Read more
- Hilarious SNL-Inspired Dick-in-a-Box Couple CostumeI cut a hole in a box, put a belt through that hole and attached it to my pants. I … Read more
- Cool Homemade Genie of the Lamp CostumeThis Genie of the Lamp costume was tedious but the outcome was perfect. I started with a simple tee shirt, cut … Read more
- Cool DIY Broken Robot Host and Cleaner Westworld Couple CostumeMy boyfriend and created this Westworld couple costume! My boyfriend went as one of the “cleaners” that fixes the robots … Read more
- Coolest Adult Cookie Monster CostumeI always love putting together costumes for Halloween. After struggling to figure out how to make this year’s costume, I … Read more
- Yip Yip Martians Couple CostumeThis Yip Yip Martians couple costume was a big hit at our event. All hot glue, a couple yards of … Read more
- Oscar the Grouch Halloween Costume Made Completely from Trash!My Oscar the Grouch Halloween costume in 2020 (worn by me) was inspired by piles of trash on my street. … Read more
- Original Dalek Costume the Evil enemy from Doctor WhoA couple of years ago my sons and I discovered the 2005 version of Doctor Who. In August my youngest … Read more
Featured Web Series and Television Character Costumes
I’m a huge Twilight Zone nerd and so this year, after having chopped off all my hair a month prior, I decided it was due time I gave a Halloween nod to the show’s host, Rod Serling. I always make my own costumes, but this year definitely took the cake in terms of how elaborate I ended up getting. The most difficult part was figuring out how to make the costume obvious enough so I wouldn’t be answering the question, “Who are you supposed to be?”, all night, as I feared would happen if I just showed up in a slim grey suit. Read more »
We love Lucy, especially the Women from Mars episode when the girls make $500 for a publicity stunt atop the Empire State Building. I knew we could do these costumes if I could find the pointy noses and the retro ray guns — which I found on Amazon after some searching. It was hard finding the smaller turned up noses, as most prosthetics are witches or Cyrano, or trolls. Found the last pixie noses online at a theatrical store. Read more »
My boyfriend and created this Westworld couple costume! My boyfriend went as one of the “cleaners” that fixes the robots behind the scenes when they need repairs. I was a “host” robot that got my stomach cut open and my robot wires were sticking out.
The hosts are naked when they are being repaired, so I bought a skin colored body suit and painted on breasts, pubic hair, and other body parts to indicate that I was naked. Read more »