As a kid, or a kid who never grew up, becoming a toy is the best Halloween costume imaginable! The movie Toy Story piqued everyone’s imagination into the secret life of toys. In this section, you will learn how to actually become a game or toy yourself.
There are some game and toy costumes which take incredible creativity and cleverness to pull off. You must see the awesome view-master couple and the beautiful ballerina in a jewelry box. The design and construction of these costumes are true works of art.
Some board games on display here are Monopoly and Operation. Step up your homemade costume and dress up as an arcade game for a really fun interactive costume. For those attempting a Whack-A-Mole costume, make sure your friends know they shouldn’t be whacking you!
When it comes to childhood toys, LEGO, Transformers and Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head are very popular. Even once you pick a toy, there is amazing variety. For instance, Barbie in a box. You will find a range from pink and sparkly to middle aged Barbie, and everything in between.
Have fun scrolling through this section as you contemplate your DIY costume this year. Whether it’s a paper doll, Etch-a-Sketch or green toy soldiers, we love to see your version of these classics! Please share your best Halloween costume with us to help inspire others with their DIY Halloween costumes.
Latest Game and Toy DIY Halloween Costumes
- Coolest LittleBigPlanet Sackboy CostumeHere’s our Sackboy costume. My son loves the LittleBigPlanet video game series and really wanted to be Sackboy for Halloween. … Read more
- I’m a Barbie Girl CostumeThis Barbie girl costume was made by me! I used to play with my Barbie hair and make-up all the … Read more
- Coolest Zombie LEGO Minifigure CostumeThis Zombie LEGO Minifigure Costume was made for the pop culture convention, Supanova in Perth, Australia in 2011. I used cardboard … Read more
- Coolest VOLTRON CostumeVoltron! Defender of the universe! Definitely one of my favorite childhood toys…. so this year I decided to go big … Read more
- Coolest Ice Cream Truck Transformer CostumeI’m an artist living in Austin, TX who spends every September and October working on my kids Halloween costumes. Transformers … Read more
- Four Siblings with Awesome DIY Lego Ninjago Costumes for KidsHere’s the story behind the Lego Ninjago costumes for kids I created for my four children (ages 10 to 4). … Read more
- Cool DIY Transforming Optimus Prime Halloween CostumeMy son came up with the idea for this transforming Optimus Prime Halloween costume and from limited pictures I could … Read more
- Coolest Jane In the Box Wheelchair CostumeBeing in a wheelchair I like to think outside the box and incorporate my chair into my costume in some … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Jack in the Box Stroller CostumeI knew, before my son was born, that I wanted to make him a Jack in the Box for his … Read more
- Coolest Formula One Transfomer CostumeI’m an artist living in Austin, TX who spends every September and October making my kids Halloween costumes. My son … Read more
- Coolest Expecting Barbie and Daddy-to-Be Ken CostumeMy husband and I just found out we were expecting a baby the first week of October 2011. We decided … Read more
- Coolest Troll Dolls CostumeRemember the troll dolls you used to own when you were little? Last Halloween, my friends and I had so … Read more
Featured Game and Toy DIY Halloween Costumes
My wife had the idea to be a family of Mr. Potato Heads for Halloween for a few years now, and we finally did it. So here comes the Mr. Potato Head Family – with interchangeable parts of course. Like most of our costumes, the potatoes started as solid models on the computer. It was a challenge to figure out how big to make them and where to have the eyehole (a painted mesh screen). Read more »
My 15 year old Autistic son Zach hates store bought costumes and challenges me every year with his ideas. This years was the biggest undertaking yet. He wanted to be a Zack-In-The-Box! He wanted it to have a lid that closed and an actual working handle. I explained to him that I was not an engineer and this was not a REAL Jack-in-the-Box, but would do my best to make it fun and realistic. Read more »
Looking to capture people’s attention this Halloween with a bit of nostalgia and ingenuity? Take a look at this awesome collection of gameboard costumes. If you love to play board games, you will love them even more as homemade costumes. Check out the Candyland inspired costumes here. Create a character from the beloved kid’s game or be the actual board. There are tons of fun and delicious looking DIY costumes below, from Princess Lolly to King Kandy. Read more »
Every character is more awesome when it’s a LEGO Minifigure! Wonder Woman, zombies, Indiana Jones and more, make the coolest LEGO Minifigure costumes for Halloween. For fans of the LEGO movie or anyone who has dreamed of their toys coming to life, these costumes are fantastically imaginative. Read more »
These homemade Transformers costumes are more than meets the eye. Watch how they transform and be convince that they are the coolest costume ever! Why commit to one costume when you can have two? Have your kid stand out for the right reasons with these amazing transforming costumes. Read more »