As a kid, or a kid who never grew up, becoming a toy is one of the best DIY Halloween costumes imaginable! The movie Toy Story piqued everyone’s imagination into the secret life of toys. In this section, you will learn how to actually become a game or toy yourself.
There are some game and toy costumes which take incredible creativity and cleverness to pull off. You must see the awesome view-master couple and the beautiful ballerina in a jewelry box. The design and construction of these costumes are true works of art.
Some board games on display here are Monopoly and Operation. Step up your homemade costume and dress up as an arcade game for a really fun interactive costume. For those attempting a Whack-A-Mole costume, make sure your friends know they shouldn’t be whacking you!
When it comes to childhood toys, LEGO, Transformers and Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head are very popular. Even once you pick a toy, there is amazing variety. For instance, Barbie in a box. You will find a range from pink and sparkly to middle aged Barbie, and everything in between.
Have fun scrolling through this section as you contemplate your DIY costume this year. Whether it’s a paper doll, Etch-a-Sketch or green toy soldiers, we love to see your version of these classics! Please share your best Halloween costume with us to help inspire others with their DIY Halloween costumes.
Latest Game and Toy DIY Halloween Costumes
- Coolest, Most Realistic Green Plastic Army Men CostumesI talked my husband into being a plastic green army man for Halloween with me. I told him that I’d … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Transformer Costume – AKA Wrangler!This Transformer costume idea was rolling around in my head since ever since my sister bought a used power wheels … Read more
- Cool Homemade Transformers Costume Made of Recycled MaterialsThis Transformer costume is made up of a cut up power wheels jeep,various plastic shapes,about 5 cans of spray paint, … Read more
- Coolest Dead Marionette Doll Costume IdeaThe idea for this doll costume came after I found a really cool makeup trick that involves painting your eyelids … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Pee Wee Herman Doll In The Box CostumeFirst off all my name is Jacky and I am a graphic designer/artist. I am a huge Pee Wee Herman … Read more
- Awesome Transformers Costumes That Actually Transform!My 10 year old son is a huge Transformers fan, and he asked me if he could be a Transformer … Read more
- Awesome Homemade Ken and Barbie Toy Story 3 Couple CostumeIt’s always difficult to find a couples costume that allows for both parties to be recognizable when they are away … Read more
- Original DIY Costume Idea: Whac-A-Me Arcade GameThis year my 10 year old is goin tdresses up as a human version of the whac a mole arcade … Read more
- Cool Homemade LEGO Bride and Groom Couple Halloween CostumeAs it was my 1st ever Halloween in the US, I decided to go all out. I had been dating … Read more
- Coolest DIY Scary Doll Costumes for a GroupHere’s the story behind our scary doll costumes. I received a message from my sister asking if I could come … Read more
- Awesome DIY Lego Ninjago Jay CostumeSo awesome! Those are the words my son said to me once I finished his costume. Although it was exhausting … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Costume for a Girl: Disco Barbie in-a-BoxThis is my 9 year old daughter Taylor in her Disco Barbie costume. I started by getting a wardrobe box … Read more
Featured Game and Toy DIY Halloween Costumes
My wife had the idea to be a family of Mr. Potato Heads for Halloween for a few years now, and we finally did it. So here comes the Mr. Potato Head Family – with interchangeable parts of course. Like most of our costumes, the potatoes started as solid models on the computer. It was a challenge to figure out how big to make them and where to have the eyehole (a painted mesh screen). Read more »
My 15 year old Autistic son Zach hates store bought costumes and challenges me every year with his ideas. This years was the biggest undertaking yet. He wanted to be a Zack-In-The-Box! He wanted it to have a lid that closed and an actual working handle. I explained to him that I was not an engineer and this was not a REAL Jack-in-the-Box, but would do my best to make it fun and realistic. Read more »
Looking to capture people’s attention this Halloween with a bit of nostalgia and ingenuity? Take a look at this awesome collection of gameboard costumes. If you love to play board games, you will love them even more as homemade costumes. Check out the Candyland inspired costumes here. Create a character from the beloved kid’s game or be the actual board. There are tons of fun and delicious looking DIY costumes below, from Princess Lolly to King Kandy. Read more »
Every character is more awesome when it’s a LEGO Minifigure! Wonder Woman, zombies, Indiana Jones and more, make the coolest LEGO Minifigure costumes for Halloween. For fans of the LEGO movie or anyone who has dreamed of their toys coming to life, these costumes are fantastically imaginative. Read more »
These homemade Transformers costumes are more than meets the eye. Watch how they transform and be convince that they are the coolest costume ever! Why commit to one costume when you can have two? Have your kid stand out for the right reasons with these amazing transforming costumes. Read more »