Looking to capture people’s attention this Halloween with a bit of nostalgia and ingenuity? Take a look at this awesome collection of gameboard costumes. If you love to play board games, you will love them even more as homemade costumes.
Check out the Candyland inspired costumes here. Create a character from the beloved kid’s game or be the actual board. There are tons of fun and delicious looking DIY costumes below, from Princess Lolly to King Kandy.
Or, be a twister board for an easy homemade costume. Just make sure people don’t get too handsy!
Also, Scrabble addicts know there is only one game worth dressing up as. Browse through these DIY costumes for some super innovative ways to arrange your tiles.
So, whether you have a soft spot for Operation, Monopoly or Guess Who?, get the best DIY costume inspiration from these homemade gameboard costumes and lots of other really good Halloween costume ideas.
Latest Gameboard Costumes
- Coolest Homemade Candyland Characters Group CostumeThis year we made this cool Candyland Characters group costume. We love doing themes each year for Halloween that involved … Read more
- Cool DIY Monopoly Car CostumeWearing The Monopoly Car Costume Here I am as the Uncle Pennybags costume, and my car (the Coopie monster) in the Monopoly … Read more
- Cool DIY Operation Skill Game CostumeHere is an idea I came up with and I was rather impressed how well it came out. I started out … Read more
- Princess Lolly Costume from Candyland!For a couple of years now I have wanted to make a Princess Lolly costume from the board game Candyland. I wasn’t … Read more
- Coolest Operation Game Cavity Sam CostumeMy company has a yearly Halloween costume contest, for the best individual costume as well as for the best departmental … Read more
- Coolest Guess Who Costume – Claire (Easy and Comfortable)Tired of storing my childhood and college things, my mom has been sending stuff home with me when I visit … Read more
- Easy, Unique, Inexpensive, Contest-Winning MONOPOLY Group/Family CostumesOur family dresses in theme every year—not an easy feat when you have 7 in your family and the children … Read more
- Sexy Miss Mint Costume from CandylandThis costume was a lot of fun to create! I made the shorts myself and then glued peppermints on to … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Scrabble Nerd CostumeI love Scrabble, so I decided to be the game for Halloween! I bought a bag of 1000 tiles online … Read more
- Homemade Couple Costume – Princess Lolly and Lord Licorice from CandylandI had so much fun coming up with this idea for Princess Lolly and Lord Licorice! I first thought of … Read more
- Original Couple Costume Idea: Mr Monopoly and Princess Lolli from Candy LandMy husband came up with this fantastic couples costume idea. He wore a suit and we bought him a cheap … Read more
- Sexy Candy Land CostumeThe main part out this outfit is to super glue candy into a tutu! I also bought iron on letters … Read more
Featured Gameboard and Good Halloween Costume Ideas
I don’t know about you, but since the beginning of time I have loved playing the game “Guess Who”. I especially enjoyed when my opponent drew a girl as their character because that meant less for me to have to guess. Ha! The ratio of men to women in that game is just plain nuts. Both shirts, fabric paint, the fake mustache, green fabric for my hat, string, and tag board cost roughly $20. Read more »
Our family dresses in theme every year—not an easy feat when you have 7 in your family and the children range in age from 4 to 15! This year we pow-wowed around the kitchen table over several nights and after much back-and-forth (and a bit of angst) we settled on Monopoly. We have lots of fun family memories around this board game so it seemed a perfect idea (though some memories are less happy when a player is crushed into bankruptcy by a sibling!) Read more »