When dreaming of costume ideas, ever imagine yourself on the cover of People magazine? Perhaps you have your Oscar speech all planned out. We understand. The thought of inhabiting the life of the rich and famous, even for a night, is a tempting one. These awesome celebrity Halloween costumes here show you how easy it is to give yourself a makeover fit for the stars.
For music fans, the ultimate celebrity Halloween costumes are rock stars, of course. Get your melodic inspiration from a Michael Jackson Thriller costume. Or go old-school with crooner Frank Sinatra. You will also see Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry singing their way through this section. Don’t limit yourself to the standard genders. Costumers here have tried it all in all variations!
In addition, movie stars and rock stars make fantastic DIY couple costumes! Make sure you get your duck face ready to transform into Kim Kardashian and Kanye West.
We also love the creative wheelchair costumes. Elvis in his pink Cadillac is one that always gets an amazing review from the crowd.
So whether you dream of embodying England’s royal family or you need to unleash your inner Jerry Garcia (plus wearable van and dancing bear), you will get plenty of inspiration from the ideas here. We want to see what you come up with! Share your costumes with us and inspire others with your creations.
All Band and Celebrity Costume Categories
Latest Band and Celebrity Costume Ideas
- test newJust let it flow. Give us how-to directions, but also tell us what YOU went through to create the costume, what was … Read more
- Coolest DIY Diamond Bathtub Taylor Swift CostumeI always like to get creative with my costumes but had never done a pop-culture costume – until this Taylor … Read more
- Coolest Purple Rain CostumeMy friend wanted her son to be Prince for Halloween and asked me to come up with something for her. … Read more
- Coolest Jimmy Buffett’s Lost Shaker of Salt CostumeI am a HUGE fan of Jimmy Buffett so I was totally excited to make this Homemade Jimmy Buffett’s Lost … Read more
- Coolest Michael Jackson CostumesNot only has Michael Jackson’s career evolved over time, but so has his appearance. This group costume highlights the most … Read more
- A DIY Costume Paying Homage to Prince Roger Nelson , Singer, SongwriterUpon learning about Prince suddenly passing away, my son decided that it was only proper that he pay homage to … Read more
- Cool Female Gene Simmons Kiss CostumeI absolutely LOVE Halloween and enjoy making my own costumes every year! This year was no exception and I won … Read more
- Artistice Homemade Maria Franz Tribute to Heilung CostumeHere’s the end result of multiple all nighters and classic rock binges! The Maria Franz costume was a combination of … Read more
- My All-Natural Bob Ross CostumeMy name is Kyle and I have a special little gift of being able to grow out my own Bob … Read more
- Cool DIY Janet Jackson Rhythm Nation Look-A-Like CostumeWhew, where do I start with describing this Janet Jackson costume? I could not find a jacket for starters, so … Read more
- Cool Homemade KISS Simmons and the Star Child Couple CostumeMy boyfriend had mentioned that it would be super fun to dress with me him and my two eleven year-old … Read more
- Adorable Homemade Baby Elvis CostumeThis baby Elvis costume all started with my inability to find a hairdresser for myself in Los Angeles. I’ve lived in … Read more
Featured Band and Celebrity Costume Ideas
Before he adopted a more casual look, Elton John had an affinity for jeweled jumpsuits, flamboyant feathered frocks and outrageous costumes. My 2-and-a-half-year-old daughter, Lena, likes to watch the Muppet Show on DVD. Her favorite episode features Elton John as the Muppets special guest (1978). She sings along with the songs he performs on the show and for months has been asking to be “Elton John with feathers” for Halloween. Read more »
It’s embarrassing to admit, but I didn’t really know who David Bowie was when I started to research ideas for a Bowie-inspired costume. For years I have wanted to make costumes, and never had the time or opportunity. When folks were writing their New Year’s resolutions, I decided 2016 would be the “Year of FUN!!!” (three exclamation points, and all caps!). The last few years have been tough, and my spirit needed a break. I have been working hard and seriously my whole life, and came to the realization this year that giving myself permission to make having fun a priority was loooonnnggg overdue. Early in the year, an event popped up that encouraged superhero costumes. Read more »
I recently got a new job, and one of the questions in my interview was, “Setting aside all limitations, what is your dream job?” I replied immediately, “I would make costumes for movies.” When she heard that I can (and love to) sew, I got the job right then! Ok Maybe also because of my other qualifications, but she likes to tease me and say she hired me so I could make her costume this year. Read more »
My boyfriend and decided to dress up as our favorite artists for Halloween. My favorite artist is Frida Kahlo. I didn’t want to just dress like her, I wanted to become part of my favorite painting – “Self-Portrait with Thorn Necklace and Hummingbird.” I gathered all the materials I needed from garage sales including the authentic Mexican skirt! I wore a lightweight foam board on my back which was covered with artificial leaves, flowers, a toy monkey and cat. I also created a neck piece made out of grapevine. Read more »
I was inspired to create an Amelia Earhart costume for my three year-old daughter after seeing a DIY aviator costume on Oh Happy Day, a design website. Not wanting to produce a complete replicate, I decided to add an additional creative dimension by making a costume that was a newspaper clipping of Amelia Earhart. After doing some research online, I sifted through thrift stores to find clothes in shades of gray that were reminiscent of Earhart’s signature aviator style. Read more »
I’ve wanted to create a Chiquita Banana Girl costume for a few years now, so I was so happy to see my ideas come to life. I was inspired by a Carmen Miranda costume that I saw online. It was a yellow bra top with heaps of fake fruit attached, I thought the idea was cute, but I wanted to put my own spin on it. I began with searching for a simple yellow bra, but I didn’t have much luck so I ended up purchasing a yellow bathing suit top online for about $20. Then I took a trip to Michael’s Craft Store and splurged on fake fruit. Read more »
I always like to get creative with my costumes but had never done a pop-culture costume – until this Taylor Swift costume. I’ve been a Taylor Swift fan for a few years and loved her first single off her newest album. When the music video for “Look What You Made Me Do” dropped and I saw all the costumes I knew I wanted to channel her this year. After looking through all the options, the diamond filled bathtub seemed the most challenging and I knew there wouldn’t be many others trying to pull this look off. Read more »