Dress to kill in these awesome homemade KISS and Gene Simmons costumes this Halloween. Deck yourself out from head to toe with the flashiest costumes around. You don’t need to sing in order to pass off these rocking looks.
You were made for loving this DIY costume collection. Check out the flawless make-up jobs and ornate costumes that will inspire your own homemade costume. There are many tutorials here to help you plan out your course of action. Some pro-tips include which make-up to choose and how to bedazzle your costume with rhinestones.
In addition, these glittering costumes are not just for men! Take a look at the women who have successfully created Gene Simmons costumes.
So, if you want to rock and roll all night, try making one of these homemade KISS costumes. Then share it with us here so you can inspire others on their DIY costume journey!
Latest KISS Costumes
- Cool Homemade KISS Group Halloween CostumeMy birthday is on October 29th, so Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. I am always looking … Read more
- Cool Female Gene Simmons Kiss CostumeI absolutely LOVE Halloween and enjoy making my own costumes every year! This year was no exception and I won … Read more
- Cool Homemade KISS Simmons and the Star Child Couple CostumeMy boyfriend had mentioned that it would be super fun to dress with me him and my two eleven year-old … Read more
- All-Girl Group Costume: KISS Rock Stars for a DayI might be a “bad” influence when it comes to Halloween but it didn’t take much – OK, any – convincing to … Read more
- Gene Simmons Dynasty Era CostumeThis is Gene’s Dynasty era costume. It was really simple to do. The torso was from modified hockey pads. The … Read more
- Gene Simmons Demon Costume Hand-Drafted and CraftedI recently got a new job, and one of the questions in my interview was, “Setting aside all limitations, what … Read more
- Homemade Costume from Hell – KISS the DemonFor this KISS homemade costume from Hell, I started with the wings – perfectly symmetrical. The party was a hit … Read more
- Sexy Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley KISS Couple CostumeWe made these costumes (for Gene Simmons) by using a plain black shirt and putting studs on and sewing the … Read more
- Coolest Mini Gene Simmons CostumeWe watch Gene Simmons Family Jewels reruns with our nine year old daughter. In the past, she has been princesses … Read more
- Gene Simmons KISS Biker CostumeI have always been a rocker at heart and an especially BIG fan of KISS. So when I was invited … Read more
- Gene Simmons Costume HomemadeI always liked the look on the destroyer album so on I went with fabrics and papier mache, took me … Read more
- Cool Homemade KISS Starchild Female CostumeI’ve always been a fan of KISS ever since I was a small child & found Destroyer on vinyl in … Read more
Featured KISS Costumes
First, I learned how KISS put on their make up and what type they use. I made the rest by buying different parts at thrift stores and ebay.
I met Gene Simmons in person back last year and he told me how they did their make up and I promised him that I would not reveal how they do it. But I can say the white make-up is not that standard stuff you buy at the Halloween make-up stores, Wal-Mart or K-Mart.
One main tip is that you put the white on and then using baby powder gently pad down the white until the powder makes it dry. Then outline and fill in the black.
Total Spent: $250
Awesome Gene Simmons Costume
Well it all started with my wife suggesting a Gene Simmons costume for my son’s Halloween costume last year. After mulling it over I started paper machining and my wife hit the second hand stores. She came home with a wig, a black shirt and a pair of boots. I did the shoulder spikes and armor out of paper Mache and cardboard over a glass bowl about his size. After a few coats of paper I cut it in half then I took some coffee cups and cardboard and mached him arm spikes.
The chest armor is just four pieces of cardboard connected by pipe cleaners (really good connectors, my wife’s idea). All this done we decided that we needed the dragon scale boots. I used a cereal box and many cut out pieces of cardboard started at the top and paper mached the whole thing together. Then I carefully wrapped them around the boots. Also I put skull cappers on the boots by wrapping them in food wrap and using toilet paper and tape. I made skull and teeth shapes to Mache over.
For his belt I cut out some cardboard, stuck some marbles in a piece of tin foil and mached the whole thing together For the guitar I cut the axe shape out of cardboard and covered it in … you guessed it paper Mache! The painting was much easier, just a can of silver spray paint.
We did up his face, put the Gene Simmons costume together. Then he walked around singing “I want to rock and roll all night…and party every day!”
My secret paper Mache recipe: 2 cups water, 1 cup flour, 2 teaspoons salt (to prevent mold), 3 teaspoons white glue.
Total Spent: $20