What makes video games so compelling? Is it experiencing a different reality? It could be the interactive storytelling. Or maybe just losing track of time as you become someone else. Either way, if you love to play, this collection of video games and apps character costumes are exactly what you need this Halloween.
Passionate gamers will appreciate all the minute details in these fantastic DIY costumes. Check out Mario, Luigi, Princess and the rest of the gang. Discover how the Mortal Kombat homemade costumes were made. And learn how to create your own fabulous Minecraft characters.
In addition, there are some real throwbacks that are high in nostalgia. For instance, homemade costumes from Pacman to Donkey Kong will make you feel warm inside.
So find your costume inspiration here by browsing through this section of video games and apps character costumes. And create for your best DIY costume this Halloween!
Latest Apps and Video Game Character Costumes
- My Costume From Dream to Reality: I am Master Chief!How do you write how-to directions for a 1 year build process? Well, you really don’t. The first step is … Read more
- Handmade Donkey Kong CostumeThis is a Donkey Kong costume I made. The base of the head piece is paper mache. I covered the base … Read more
- Want a Fun and Easy Homemade Costume? Be Pac-Man!This costume was fairly easy to make, and didn’t take a lot of time or money. The response to this … Read more
- Homemade Candy Crush CostumeThis homemade Candy Crush costume is my first DIY costume for Halloween 2013 – Candy Crush Saga! There is a … Read more
- Halo 4 Warrior Costume for 9-Year-Old Boy Entirely Scratchbuilt!My son, Lukas, likes to play video game Halo. So it was easy for me to pick Halo for his … Read more
- Halo 4 Master Chief Costume for 12-Year Old Boy Completely Scratchbuilt!My son, Ethan, who is 12 likes to play Halo video game. So it was easy to use Halo as … Read more
- Original Hanging With Friends Homemade Couple CostumeThese costumes were actually pretty easy to make. Once I had the idea, I just had to put it all … Read more
- Homemade Anya Stroud, Gears of War 3 CosplaySo I have always been huge into cosplay costumes and a huge Halloween fan! I’ve never actually made my own … Read more
- Sexy Angry Birds Halloween CostumeI ended up making this sexy Angry Birds Halloween costume the day of the Halloween party I was attending while … Read more
- Cutest Sonic and Tails Homemade CostumeMy 4 year old wanted to be Sonic the Hedgehog. But I had a 1 year old son who in … Read more
- Homemade Mortal Kombat Princess Kitana Halloween CostumeSo, I have always LOVED Kitana! I never even thought of dressing up as her for Halloween since I have … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Bioshock CostumeEvery year my son and I agree on a costume design. After agreeing, we begin to gather items from second … Read more
Featured Apps and Video Game Character Costumes
I made this Mrs. Pac-Man costume the year I wanted a family friendly, yet fun costume to wear to both a kids’ Halloween party and my friend’s adult party. I thought about what my favorite things from my childhood were and looked online for inspiration. I found many Pac-Man costumes, but thought it would be fun to incorporate the game. Read more »
Link and Zelda have been an icon of my childhood. It wasn’t until recently I decided that I would finally make my own Link and Zelda couples costume. My brother accompanied me as Link, and, in January 2015, we stepped out onto the convention floor as Link and Zelda, granted, we could’ve done better, but it was a good attempt at a last minute costume. Zelda follows basic sewing techniques as well as simple drape drafting. Her armour follows basic craft foam molding, so it is easy to complete. Her gloves will be easy for anyone to complete as all it is are rectangles with lining. Read more »