What makes video games so compelling? Is it experiencing a different reality? It could be the interactive storytelling. Or maybe just losing track of time as you become someone else. Either way, if you love to play, this collection of video games and apps character costumes are exactly what you need this Halloween.
Passionate gamers will appreciate all the minute details in these fantastic DIY costumes. Check out Mario, Luigi, Princess and the rest of the gang. Discover how the Mortal Kombat homemade costumes were made. And learn how to create your own fabulous Minecraft characters.
In addition, there are some real throwbacks that are high in nostalgia. For instance, homemade costumes from Pacman to Donkey Kong will make you feel warm inside.
So find your costume inspiration here by browsing through this section of video games and apps character costumes. And create for your best DIY costume this Halloween!
Latest Apps and Video Game Character Costumes
- Sassy Sub Zero Costume with a Female TwistI always loved the Mortal Kombat games growing up, so I decided that I should pay tribute to my favorite … Read more
- Cool Homemade Sonic, Knuckles and Tales Paper Mache CostumesAs a kid, my husband and I both grew up with families that loved to celebrate Halloween. His family appreciated … Read more
- Cool DIY “Chompette” Costume – Chain Chomp from Super MarioI wanted to create a challenging costume despite going through a pandemic in 2020. I actually rushed on my costume … Read more
- Easy Homemade Bowser Costume for AdultsIn order to take a little pressure off of Halloween this year with the pandemic roaring on, my pod and … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Panic! at the Disco Toddler CostumeFor my son’s first Halloween, I decided to dress him up as frontman to rock band’s Panic! at the Disco, … Read more
- Awesome DIY Sackboy from Little Big Planet CostumeI love my nephews so when Benjamin told me that he wanted to be Sackboy from the Little Big Planet … Read more
- Awesome Homemade Mario Family Costume – Bowser, Mario, Luigi, Toad, and Princess PeachOur 5 year old twin boys adore Mario (it is their favorite game to play with their Dad). So we … Read more
- Coolest Lord Ghirahim Costume from the Legend of ZeldaThis Lord Ghirahim costume is one of my my favorites because I didn’t think it would turn out as good … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Midna Helmet Costume From The Legend of ZeldaI did not make the Zentai costume, this is commercially made, and I found it on eBay. I made the … Read more
- Cool Homemade Scorpion Mortal Kombat Halloween CostumeSo my 8 year old Gavin is an avid gamer and decided he just had to be his favorite character … Read more
- Cool Homemade World of Warcraft CostumeCreating the Tier 2 Wrath Costume For the Tier 2 Wrath costume from World of Warcraft, I started with the iconic … Read more
- Sexy Red Angry Bird CostumeThis costume was very easy. I used a red tutu I bought for $10 and sewed in a couple of … Read more
Featured Apps and Video Game Character Costumes
I made this Mrs. Pac-Man costume the year I wanted a family friendly, yet fun costume to wear to both a kids’ Halloween party and my friend’s adult party. I thought about what my favorite things from my childhood were and looked online for inspiration. I found many Pac-Man costumes, but thought it would be fun to incorporate the game. Read more »
Link and Zelda have been an icon of my childhood. It wasn’t until recently I decided that I would finally make my own Link and Zelda couples costume. My brother accompanied me as Link, and, in January 2015, we stepped out onto the convention floor as Link and Zelda, granted, we could’ve done better, but it was a good attempt at a last minute costume. Zelda follows basic sewing techniques as well as simple drape drafting. Her armour follows basic craft foam molding, so it is easy to complete. Her gloves will be easy for anyone to complete as all it is are rectangles with lining. Read more »