What makes video games so compelling? Is it experiencing a different reality? It could be the interactive storytelling. Or maybe just losing track of time as you become someone else. Either way, if you love to play, this collection of video games and apps character costumes are exactly what you need this Halloween.
Passionate gamers will appreciate all the minute details in these fantastic DIY costumes. Check out Mario, Luigi, Princess and the rest of the gang. Discover how the Mortal Kombat homemade costumes were made. And learn how to create your own fabulous Minecraft characters.
In addition, there are some real throwbacks that are high in nostalgia. For instance, homemade costumes from Pacman to Donkey Kong will make you feel warm inside.
So find your costume inspiration here by browsing through this section of video games and apps character costumes. And create for your best DIY costume this Halloween!
Latest Apps and Video Game Character Costumes
- Halo 4 Warrior Costume for 9-Year-Old Boy Entirely Scratchbuilt!My son, Lukas, likes to play video game Halo. So it was easy for me to pick Halo for his … Read more
- Halo 4 Master Chief Costume for 12-Year Old Boy Completely Scratchbuilt!My son, Ethan, who is 12 likes to play Halo video game. So it was easy to use Halo as … Read more
- Original Hanging With Friends Homemade Couple CostumeThese costumes were actually pretty easy to make. Once I had the idea, I just had to put it all … Read more
- Homemade Anya Stroud, Gears of War 3 CosplaySo I have always been huge into cosplay costumes and a huge Halloween fan! I’ve never actually made my own … Read more
- Sexy Angry Birds Halloween CostumeI ended up making this sexy Angry Birds Halloween costume the day of the Halloween party I was attending while … Read more
- Cutest Sonic and Tails Homemade CostumeMy 4 year old wanted to be Sonic the Hedgehog. But I had a 1 year old son who in … Read more
- Homemade Mortal Kombat Princess Kitana Halloween CostumeSo, I have always LOVED Kitana! I never even thought of dressing up as her for Halloween since I have … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Bioshock CostumeEvery year my son and I agree on a costume design. After agreeing, we begin to gather items from second … Read more
- Quick and Easy Pac-Man and Pinkie Couple’s CostumeMy original idea fell through and it was two days to Halloween. I scoured the internet for ideas and Pacman … Read more
- Sassy Samus Costume from Super MetroidThis Sassy Samus Costume from Super Metroid costume took me a bit of time to complete, but turned out well for … Read more
- Sexy Donkey Kong CostumeMy name is Aleksandra and I work for an online costume store. Our company just held a costume contest yesterday … Read more
- Awesome Homemade Zelda Costume: The Twilight Princess Brought To LifeHi, my name is Karli and I’m 15. Last year for comic-con I decided I wanted to go as Zelda … Read more
Featured Apps and Video Game Character Costumes
I made this Mrs. Pac-Man costume the year I wanted a family friendly, yet fun costume to wear to both a kids’ Halloween party and my friend’s adult party. I thought about what my favorite things from my childhood were and looked online for inspiration. I found many Pac-Man costumes, but thought it would be fun to incorporate the game. Read more »
Link and Zelda have been an icon of my childhood. It wasn’t until recently I decided that I would finally make my own Link and Zelda couples costume. My brother accompanied me as Link, and, in January 2015, we stepped out onto the convention floor as Link and Zelda, granted, we could’ve done better, but it was a good attempt at a last minute costume. Zelda follows basic sewing techniques as well as simple drape drafting. Her armour follows basic craft foam molding, so it is easy to complete. Her gloves will be easy for anyone to complete as all it is are rectangles with lining. Read more »