Love playing video games? Imagine what it would be like to step into one of the characters. Take that fantasy into real life with these homemade Super Mario Brothers costumes. Most of all, are the DIY instructions written by people like you. So you can try these homemade costumes yourself.
Take a look at the fantastic Mario and Luigi costumes here. Additional characters include a pretty Princess Peach, Bowser, Piranha Plant and Dry Bones. And each one is uniquely crafted for a one-of-kind DIY costume. You will find the best tutorials here. For instance, discover the tips and tricks to creating the perfect shaped mushroom cap.
Feeling ambitious? Try the Mario Toad cart. Or Koopa family costumes. Another idea is Luigi inside of a Gameboy.
So get inspired by these homemade Mario Brothers costumes and create your own this Halloween. Then share it with us here to inspire others on their DIY costume journey!
Latest Super Mario Brothers Costumes
- Cool Bowser Crochet Suit for HalloweenMy youngest wanted to be Bowser for Halloween. Of course theres no crochet pattern for that. So what did I … Read more
- Cool Piranha Plant Costume and Crochet Hood made by 12 Year OldInspired by Mario Bros., Ariana, (12) made her own Piranha Plant Hood. It took quite some time crocheting it in … Read more
- Coolest Animated Bowser Castle CostumeThe only problem I can see with making Halloween costumes, is I have to outdo myself each year. Pretty soon … Read more
- Fantastic Mario Bros Piranha Plant Halloween CostumeEvery Halloween I try to outdo myself in making a costume that is a huge pain in the butt to … Read more
- Awesome Homemade Costume for Your Dogs: Mario Kart Dogs!This awesome homemade costume for your dogs: Mario Kart Dogs took over 100 hours with 2 people but it was … Read more
- Greatest Homemade Mario Bros Bowser Costume for a 7 Year Old!My son expects a hand made costume made by “yours truly” each year. He does not want to wear a … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Luigi Inside the Game Boy CostumeFirst we took a DELL computer box and used silver duct tape for the Homemade Luigi Inside the Game Boy … Read more
- Coolest Bowser and Mario Couple CostumeMy Grandsons love Nintendo video games and this year they asked me to make them Bowser and Mario. I have … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Mario Party Group CostumeI made this Homemade Mario Party Group Costume for our annual visit to Disney’s Halloween time at Californian Adventure. My … Read more
- Coolest Piranha Plant from Mario Bros CostumeThe Homemade Piranha Plant from Mario Bros Costume is a great costume for anyone! It’s an unexpected yet beloved Mario … Read more
- Cool DIY “Chompette” Costume – Chain Chomp from Super MarioI wanted to create a challenging costume despite going through a pandemic in 2020. I actually rushed on my costume … Read more
- Easy Homemade Bowser Costume for AdultsIn order to take a little pressure off of Halloween this year with the pandemic roaring on, my pod and … Read more
Featured Mario Bros. Costumes
Our 5 year old twin boys adore Mario (it is their favorite game to play with their Dad). So we decided in late August that with our new addition (baby girl born in May) a Mario family costume would be super fun and memorable. As we scoured the internet for inspiration I came across some pictures of a Mario riding Yoshi costume and just couldn’t get over the cuteness so we set out to make some for our boys. My husband took on the daunting task of creating the Bowser costume and I made the 4 other costumes. Read more »
We were looking for a great four person costume to wear to Toronto’s annual Halloween street party. For my wife, myself, and one of our friends, we’ve been doing this for a few years and have really enjoyed the crowds and the camaraderie; however, this would be the first time for our fourth and he was feeling kind of awkward about dressing up for Halloween as an adult. Read more »