Searching for a DIY costume this Halloween? Get inspired from the vivid colors of nature’s feathered creatures. Take a look at this awesome collection of parrot costumes for a colorful and fun homemade costume.
If you’re someone who always wears black, consider stepping into one of these vibrant homemade costumes. Dressing up in a brightly colored DIY costume will set you apart from the crowd on Halloween.
Get your beak on by using the coolest tutorials found below. Also, whether you’re a fan of fluffy feathers or felt ones, you will see both versions of DIY costumes here.
In addition, try creating a DIY costume cage for your flight risks. And find out why the caged costume bird sings.
So spread your wings this Halloween with these awesome parrot costumes. Then share your homemade costume with us here to inspire others on their DIY costume journey.
Latest Parrot Costumes
- Cockatoo Parrot CostumeI was inspired to make this costume after owning three cockatoo parrots and collecting tons of their beautiful white feathers. … Read more
- Babywearing Pirate and Parrot CostumeI had decided I wanted to do a pirate costume with my 10 month old as a parrot, but that … Read more
- Perky Parrot Nation, Unique Parrots in Extravagant CostumesMost people downright stared at us when we waddled into a Halloween bash in downtown Detroit with floppy bird hats, … Read more
- Parrot and Pirate Couple CostumeFor Halloween this year I was a parrot!!! I have trouble getting my husband to dress up with me and … Read more
- Magnificent Blue Macaw Costume from RioMy Niece loved the movie Rio and loved even more the Rio2 movie, so when I asked her what she … Read more
- Funniest Female Parrot CostumeI started out by buying two pieces of thick red paper to cut my parrot wings out of. I bought … Read more
- Colorful Macaw Bird CostumeOur daughter loves birds, especially Macaws. So, she wanted to be a Macaw for Halloween. First, we went to Hobby … Read more
- Coolest Parrot and Porcupine CostumesOnce upon a time, there was this seemingly innocent website called Pinterest. Now, if you were to casually peruse aforementioned … Read more
- Pretty Rio Blue Macaw CostumeMy nephew told me one day that I should be Blue from the Disney movie Rio. I’m a dancer so … Read more
- Cool Nigel Parrot Costume from the Movie RioThis is the first costume I have ever made. I have 2 little ones. A 7 month old boy, and … Read more
- Cool Mom and Daughter Couple Halloween Costume: Polly Wants A Cracker!Halloween is my favorite time of year. Every year I try to make my now 7 year old daughter’s costumes … Read more
- Parrot Costume Inspired by “How I Met Your Mother” EpisodeAfter seeing the Halloween episode of “How I Met Your Mother” where Lily wears a parrot costume, I quickly decided … Read more
Featured Parrot Costumes
Most people downright stared at us when we waddled into a Halloween bash in downtown Detroit with floppy bird hats, feathered eyelashes, a multi- colored wrap around tail, a full red jumpsuit with feathers pouring out of our arms, legs, and tails. We met some other animal friends in the club (monkeys, penguins, etc) and at one point there were three monkeys and three parrots dancing in the booming club; we loved it. We began to take on a unique persona that night impersonating birds. Read more »
I started out by buying two pieces of thick red paper to cut my parrot wings out of. I bought a pack of blue, green, red, and yellow feathers to put on my skirt. I bought the same colors of felt. I bought ten pieces of each. Also I bought a pack of stretchy red cord. I bought a green tutu and a red shirt from a thrift store. I cut a wing out of one of the pieces of big red paper then I cut another wing out of the other piece of red paper. Read more »