Enter the world of make believe in this epic collection of folklore, biblical and fairytale character costumes. These DIY costume ideas are other worldly, romantic and extremely popular.
It’s not hard to enter this fantasy world. There are biblical costumes such as Adam and Eve which don’t require more than a fig leaf or two.
Explore fairy tales as never before with some creative takes on your favorite stories. Check out the cool Jack and Beanstalk costumes and the Big Bad Wolf from Little Red Riding Hood. Also, Humpty Dumpty perches on many interesting and original walls before he takes a tumble.
In addition, you will find stunning frosty snow queens. Also, you can catch the gold at the end of the rainbow with the cool Leprechaun costumes in all shades of green.
Encounter imposing Big Foot costume ideas. Stand up for justice with some swashbuckling Robin Hood costumes. Indeed this collection of fairytale, folklore and biblical costumes has something to entice everyone.
Latest Folklore, Biblical and Fairytale Character Costumes
- Baby Bump’s First Costume: Pot o’ Gold at the End of the Rainbow!In early September I was Googling maternity costumes without much luck. I saw plenty of zombie baby parts affixed to … Read more
- Pot o’ Gold Pregnant Halloween CostumeWe love Halloween, but thought the pumpkin belly and pregnant skeleton costumes were played out. What else is round?? A … Read more
- Cool Homemade Gingerbread Man CostumeThis year, my 10 year old daughter informed me only a week in advance that the local carnival was taking … Read more
- Jack and Jill After they Fell Down the Hill Couple CostumeFirst off you need a handsome man to make the cut to be your Jack. What I did was went … Read more
- Evil Snow Queen CostumeI was really trying to be the evil Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen. But all the kids ended up thinking … Read more
- Fantastic Female Disney Villains Group CostumeThe Concept: Females are complex creatures, our varying emotions are deep and honest, and we act from our hearts. We … Read more
- Original Wolf Captures Little Red Riding Hood Illusion CostumeThis is my Little red ridinghood and big bad wolf illusion costume. Wolfs Upper Body and Head I made this … Read more
- Creepy Dead Riding Hood and Wolf Illusion CostumeI got to wear my costume twice (once to work and once to a parade) therefore I have two different … Read more
- Intricate Evil Queen from Snow White CostumeI have to be a little insane to do this every year. Few realize the work and $$$ that goes … Read more
- Coolest Winter Wonderland Group Costume: Ice Queen, Jack Frost and Snow QueenWe all work on our own costumes. We start with a theme and gather materials throughout the year. This year’s … Read more
- Original Stroller Costume Idea: The Old Woman who Lived in a ShoeThe Old Woman who lived in a shoe costume was super fun to make! I wanted it to be on … Read more
- Coolest Winter Theme Ice Queen CostumeI work on my Halloween costume all year, gathering from various sources like Joann’s Fabrics, Michaels, garage sales, my closet … Read more
This homemade Little Red Riding Hood costume was a super sweet costume that did not take a lot of time or money. We got a lot of compliments and it was a nice “girly” costume, which my daughter wanted, without being just another princess! This was the biggest job. I bought a swatch of red flannel (I chose flannel purposely to act as a heavier layer, as Halloween can be quite cold here in Canada). Read more »
I love Halloween. If it was up to me, I would change my costume every hour, on the hour. Just so I could be every great idea. Unfortunately, I’m not rich enough to buy 20 different costumes, plus there just isn’t enough hours in the day to change that many times. But, I can still dream, right? This year my husband and I were originally going to go as a DO IT YOURSELF,”Han Solo and Princess Leia” to a BIG annual Halloween party. Read more »