Enter the world of make believe in this epic collection of folklore, biblical and fairytale character costumes. These DIY costume ideas are other worldly, romantic and extremely popular.
It’s not hard to enter this fantasy world. There are biblical costumes such as Adam and Eve which don’t require more than a fig leaf or two.
Explore fairy tales as never before with some creative takes on your favorite stories. Check out the cool Jack and Beanstalk costumes and the Big Bad Wolf from Little Red Riding Hood. Also, Humpty Dumpty perches on many interesting and original walls before he takes a tumble.
In addition, you will find stunning frosty snow queens. Also, you can catch the gold at the end of the rainbow with the cool Leprechaun costumes in all shades of green.
Encounter imposing Big Foot costume ideas. Stand up for justice with some swashbuckling Robin Hood costumes. Indeed this collection of fairytale, folklore and biblical costumes has something to entice everyone.
Latest Folklore, Biblical and Fairytale Costumes
- Coolest Winter Theme Ice Queen CostumeI work on my Halloween costume all year, gathering from various sources like Joann’s Fabrics, Michaels, garage sales, my closet … Read more
- Frilly, Feminine, Little Bo Peep Costume for Tween GirlI was thrilled when my daughter asked if she could be Little Bo Peep this year…There is nothing cuter than … Read more
- Catskill Mountain Yeti CostumeRun in terror from the Catskill Mountain Yeti! This is my 3rd home made costume and was by far the … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Grannie Wolf Carrying Little Red Riding Hood CostumeMy husband and I came up with the idea of a Grannie Wolf carrying Little Red Riding Hood costume after … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Jack and the Beanstalk CostumeEthan age 9 is Jack and the beanstalk. We used 2 pieces of round Styrofoam for the beanstalk that I … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Humpty Dumpty Baby Halloween Costume IdeaFor Elliot’s first Halloween, I wanted to make a special costume but I didn’t have the time or sewing skills … Read more
- Best Handmade Evil Queen CostumeSo, I’m a Halloween baby. In 2014, I went to the party at Disneyland on Halloween night. I wore my … Read more
- Awesome Homemade Little Red Riding Hood Family CostumeWe were planning to attend a Halloween event at our local zoo. My five-year-old daughter had decided to dress as … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Cinderella Halloween CostumesI really enjoyed making these Cinderella Halloween costumes from things I had laying around the house. I am currently a … Read more
- Sexy Biblical Eve CostumeFor a while, I’ve been dreaming to be Eve for Halloween. I looked online and couldn’t find an Eve costume to … Read more
- Cool Disney and Game of Thrones Mash up CostumesMy sister and I were planning a trip to Disney for Halloween and we both love Disney, Game of Thrones, … Read more
- Cool Family Humpty Dumpty CostumeOur family loves to do group costumes so when I found out that baby number four was on his way, … Read more
This homemade Little Red Riding Hood costume was a super sweet costume that did not take a lot of time or money. We got a lot of compliments and it was a nice “girly” costume, which my daughter wanted, without being just another princess! This was the biggest job. I bought a swatch of red flannel (I chose flannel purposely to act as a heavier layer, as Halloween can be quite cold here in Canada). Read more »
I love Halloween. If it was up to me, I would change my costume every hour, on the hour. Just so I could be every great idea. Unfortunately, I’m not rich enough to buy 20 different costumes, plus there just isn’t enough hours in the day to change that many times. But, I can still dream, right? This year my husband and I were originally going to go as a DO IT YOURSELF,”Han Solo and Princess Leia” to a BIG annual Halloween party. Read more »