Encountering her grisly end with the Big Bad Wolf might deter some people from dressing as Little Red Riding Hood. But not this bunch! This awesome collection of Little Red Riding Hood costumes range from sweet to sexy. Kids and adults alike love dressing up as this popular character.
Not only is Little Red instantly recognizable, she’s also an easy DIY costume. Thus making it a fantastic idea if you are short on time.
You will find great inspiration for all kinds of homemade costumes here. One idea is a sexy version of Red. Another idea is a zombie version of Little Dead Riding Hood. Still another hilariously original idea is Little Red accompanied by her dog as the grandmother.
So check out these awesome homemade Little Red Riding Hood costumes. You will bee inspired to create a costume of your own this Halloween!
Latest Little Red Riding Hood Costumes
- Original Wolf Captures Little Red Riding Hood Illusion CostumeThis is my Little red ridinghood and big bad wolf illusion costume. Wolfs Upper Body and Head I made this … Read more
- Creepy Dead Riding Hood and Wolf Illusion CostumeI got to wear my costume twice (once to work and once to a parade) therefore I have two different … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Grannie Wolf Carrying Little Red Riding Hood CostumeMy husband and I came up with the idea of a Grannie Wolf carrying Little Red Riding Hood costume after … Read more
- Awesome Homemade Little Red Riding Hood Family CostumeWe were planning to attend a Halloween event at our local zoo. My five-year-old daughter had decided to dress as … Read more
- Cutest Homemade Little Red Riding Hood CostumeThis homemade Little Red Riding Hood costume was a super sweet costume that did not take a lot of time … Read more
- Amazing DIY Big Bad Wolf costumeHalloween has always been my favorite holiday, so when I met my husband I was appalled to find out he … Read more
- Lil’ Red Beyonce and the Wolf of Wall Street CostumesI think we are all fascinated with the harrowing tale of Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf. … Read more
- Little Red Riding Hood Child Costume and Grandmother DogFor Halloween this year, my daughter wanted to be Little Red Riding Hood. For her, we purchased the cape, but … Read more
- Gothic Little Dark Riding Hood CostumeThis Little Dark Riding Hood costume idea began with a Gothic robe I bought in store. I had many other … Read more
- Cool Red Riding Hood and BIG Bad Wolf Couple CostumeTo make my husband’s Grandma nightgown, I took a full size sheet, sewed it up in a nightgown shape, which … Read more
- Brother and Sister Costume: Little Red Riding Hood and the Wolf Who Took a BiteThere are a couple different versions of the Big Bad Wolf costume, but not all are pictured due to my … Read more
- Cool DIY Couple Costume for Brother and Sister: Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad WolfThese Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf were the first costumes I made. I got with both the … Read more
, I decided to take a very common and yet simple costume and make it more exciting. So I decided that I would make Little Red Riding Hood a Bad A$$. I bought the regular costume and added my own touch.
I smeared mud on my white knee high stockings and cut them up, added scratches to my leg, check, neck and arms with the basic blood and scar make-up and tore the sleeves in the right places and added the blood to my clothes to give it the look of a battle. Then I found a basic white basket and borrowed a friend’s wolf mask. I stuffed the mask with newspaper, added the blood on the mask and the basket and placed the wolf’s head in the basket.
It took about an hour to an hour and a half to complete the whole costume. It was fun and easy to do! It’s a costume that most people wouldn’t expect. Then to add a little fun I sang “A tisket a tasket a wolfie in my basket”. Give it a try it’s fun and original.
Total Spent: $60
This is my daughter in her Red Riding Hood costume. This was the easiest costume to make. I bought a Red Riding Hood Pattern, but did a few things differently such as the ribbons on the front I hot glued on just to make things a little easier and quicker. It took me about 3 days to make this. And I just bought a cheap basket for her to carry. Every year I choose Storybook characters for my children to dress up like and this was just one of her many cute costumes.