Take a look at these cool homemade Leprechaun costume ideas shared with us by costume enthusiasts from around the world. Along with the costumes here, you’ll also find loads of homemade costume ideas and DIY Halloween costume inspiration for your next costume project. Enjoy!
Latest Leprechaun Costumes
- Baby Bump’s First Costume: Pot o’ Gold at the End of the Rainbow!In early September I was Googling maternity costumes without much luck. I saw plenty of zombie baby parts affixed to … Read more
- Pot o’ Gold Pregnant Halloween CostumeWe love Halloween, but thought the pumpkin belly and pregnant skeleton costumes were played out. What else is round?? A … Read more
- Cool Homemade Leprechaun CostumeI made my leprechaun sitting on a pot of gold for this year’s work costume contest. I am always trying … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Leprechaun Child CostumeThis Leprechaun is my 9 year old son Ayden’s 2013 costume. His grandmother makes his costumes every year, and every year … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Leprechaun Costume IdeaThe ultimate Leprechaun costume idea came to me because Halloween is such a big party night. Why not combine it … Read more
- Little Lucky Leprechaun Homemade Halloween CostumeAs with most schools today students can not dress up to celebrate Halloween. My son’s school offers “Dress like a … Read more
- The Happy Holidays Girls Group CostumeThis year we decided to make the Happy Holidays Girls group costume! All of the Holidays are hand made which … Read more
- Original Pot O’ Gold CostumeI wanted to do an original/homemade costume and saw a picture of a girl as a sexy leprechaun next to a … Read more
- Coolest Pot of Gold Maternity CostumeI was going to my niece’s costume birthday party and had to think of something other than a pregnant fairy. … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Leprechaun and Pot of Gold Couple CostumeThe luck of the Irish struck as my son wanted to be a leprechaun. His dad has always been his … Read more
- Coolest Leprechaun CostumeThis is my son Olin, he is 2 years old. I always wanted a redhead child, since I didn’t get … Read more
- Coolest Leprechaun on a Pot of Gold Illusion CostumeThe illusion of the Leprechaun sitting on a pot of gold was made in 2010. I bought a plastic witche’s … Read more
This Leprechaun costume is created with Kelley green trigger fabric. The edges are trimmed with green braided trim. Lapel is made from shamrock fabric and trimmed with gold sequins trim. Matching shamrock bow tie blends with the fabric of the lapel. I put elastic band on bow tie. Knickers have front fly zipper and front pockets. Hat was purchased.
Total Spent: $25
This was my son’s first Halloween costume – a Leprechaun costume and it was the cutest!! The costume was put together using green sweatpants and a white turtleneck. I made the vest and added some clovers on it along with a pair of gold slip on shoes. We put him in the “Pot O’ Gold” and pushed him around the parade.
The LUCKY Leprechaun won a trophy for this original costume!
Total Spent: $15
I got the idea for a leprechaun costume when my redheaded son put a green bowl on his head pretending it was a hat. He looked too cute! I looked for costume but there was nothing but cheap ugly costumes online.
I went to the fabric store and got a $.99 boys suit pattern (easy) and some green fabric and gold thread to sew around the edges. I got a few gold buttons and that really added to the look. I cut the pants to be knickers and got a pair of white tights. I had him wear a white colored shirt underneath. He also wore his Sunday shoes and I made the buckle by cutting some cardboard into the shape I wanted and then glued gold fabric scraps that I had over them. I just used masking tape and stuck them on.
The hat was a hard thing to find but I knew it was needed. I finally decided to get a teddy bear hat from Michaels and painted it green with acrylic paint. It took a lot of coats because the hat was felt and would just soak up the paint (primer would have been a good idea.) I got some elastic and attached it to both sides of the hat. The band around the hat is a piece of brown velvet ribbon that I had (so is the belt) and I made the buckles the same way that I made the ones for the shoe.
It turned out great but unfortunately he was not feeling well and was not in the mood to be shown off in his leprechaun costume.
Total Spent: $18