Snap your fingers for this creepily mysterious and absolutely lovable family. Even if they are overall ooky, they make some amazingly creepy DIY costumes which are perfectly suited for Halloween. So, dress up your whole family in these frighteningly awesome and many easy to make costumes from the Addams Family
Heading up this eccentric clan are Morticia and Gomez. Children Wednesday and Pugsley come next. More key players are Uncle Fester and Cousin Itt. But, by far the best part of these homemade costumes are the facial expressions of the people who wear them.
In addition, the accessories for these DIY costumes are just hilarious as the actual costumes themselves. Check out Thing resting on one of Wednesday’s shoulders. And the light bulb in the mouth of an Uncle Fester here.
So take out your black clothing and paint your face white for the spookiest Addams family costumes this Halloween!
Latest Addams Family Costumes
- Cool Homemade Cousin Itt Costume for HalloweenCousin Itt was always one of my favorite characters in the Addams Family TV series. I really wanted to do … Read more
- A Great and Fun Homemade Costume For Boys/Girls: Cousin ItMy son wanted to be Cousin It this year. I started looking for hair i found hair at 79 cent … Read more
- Cool DIY SnoopDoggyDog Cousin It Costume from The Addams FamilyI had to do many trips to stores to collect items and all last minute. Scoured goodwill and Lowe’s. Went … Read more
- Jasmine on a Flying Magic Carpet Illusion CostumeAfter watching the movie Aladdin, my daughter wanted to be dressed up as Jasmine for Halloween. So we started checking … Read more
- Classic Rendition of The Addams Family CostumesI, along with my husband and three children love dressing up for Halloween and here are our Addams Family costumes. … Read more
- Cool Addams Family Homemade CostumesNot just in our homemade costumes are we the real life “Adams Family”. So, thought that for sure thought it would be … Read more
- Cool Cousin Itt CostumeI always loved Cousin Itt from the Addams Family as a kid. I thought he was so cool because he … Read more
- Morticia and Gomez Addams Couples CostumeI knew this was the best costume choice for my fiancé and I right off the bat, especially because he … Read more
- Cool Morticia and Gomez Addams Couple CostumeThis Morticia and Gomez Addams couple costume started off as a couple and grew the day before Halloween into a fantastic … Read more
- Coolest and Cheapest Addams Family CostumeWith the help of a glue gun, thrift store and a little from Amazon, we were able to create fun … Read more
- Cool Homemade Addams Family Group CostumeCarnival in the south of Holland, 2014. After the previous year with an excellent result of the Simpons Family costume, … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Cousin It Child CostumeWe always have the unique homemade Halloween costume everyone anticipates seeing. This costume was by far the best yet. This … Read more
Featured Costume Ideas
My dress was purchased at the local thrift store. It was a witch and I added the bottom. The necklace from Wal-Mart kids Halloween items. Morticia took a bouquet of rose stems for the party host. Gomez’s suit is also from the thrift store. His hair was craft fur, a little sewing and a lot of hairspray. Gomez had a fake smoking cigar purchased from the internet and a used crawling hand.
Lurch had a thrift store half price suit and the hair from the craft fur. Sewed the tie from scraps. Uncle Fester’s garb I sewed with discount fabric including rope belt. Light bulb that lit up was ordered online. I designed some million dollar bills with Gomez’s picture on them that he passed out. I also made finger cookies to serve.
We chose real easy to make costumes for Halloween and my family were all good sports about the whole thing and what a perfect family portrait we have!
Total Spent: $50
While searching for easy to make costumes, we decided that my son Joshua would make a good Uncle Fester. I bought several yards of brown burlap and my sister sewed the robe together. We salvaged a fur collar from an old coat and attached it to the top.
The final step was shaving Josh’s head. It is not as easy as you would think especially with thick hair. With his head shaved all that was left was to use a little makeup to darken under his eyes. We tried to find a trick light bulb that would light up in his mouth but didn’t have time to go get one.
Total Spent: $10
With a last minute Party, we were at a loss for cool costume ideas for Halloween. We hunted through the closets and came up with a lot of black so Wednesday from the Addams Family came to mind.
We simply used: A long Black shirt dress, black leggings, black boots/shoes will do. I baby powdered her face to be white and braided her hair and of course she wore a frown.
Most of these items can easily be found at your local thrift/used store if you don’t already have them in your closet. Black is an easy color to find.
Total Spent: $5