These incredible DIY costumes evoke the feeling of awe and wonder. Not unlike Lewis Carroll’s classically nonsensical tale. It seems like the selection of unique characters to choose from is never ending. Due to this, you can easily get lost in the whimsy of these Alice in Wonderland character costumes.
Some DIY costume options are a majestic Queen of Hearts, a truly Mad Hatter or an innocently large or small Alice. Also featured here are Tweedle Dee, Tweedle Dum and the Caterpillar. Whichever appeals to you, you will find your DIY costume inspiration here. So get ready to see some colorful and imaginative costumes.
In addition, for some of these costumers, one idea was not creative enough! You must check out the half-Alice, half-Cheshire Cat costume. Very cool.
Finally, don’t be like the White Rabbit and get stuck for time! Plan your eccentrically wonderful Alice in Wonderland costume for Halloween. Share your amazing creation with us here!
Latest Alice in Wonderland Costumes
- Coolest Homemade Queen of Hearts Halloween CostumeThis is my Queen of Hearts costume created this year for a gala dinner at a crafting weekend away. It … Read more
- Awesome Family of Six Alice in Wonderland Group CostumeAs a family of 6 who all love Halloween, I typically begin planning our Halloween costumes a year before Halloween … Read more
- Coolest Mad-Hatter Costume for a Tween GirlMy daughter is a huge Alice in Wonderland fan. Last year, she had her heart set on being the Mad … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Wonderland Family Costume: Alice, Cheshire Cat, Queen of Hearts, White Rabbit and Mad Hatter CostumesOur Wonderland Costumes…Don’t call me crazy, just call me “Mad”. Disclaimer: Just know that I am NOT a super seamstress…creative, maybe…but … Read more
- Coolest Mad Hatter Girl Costume IdeaThe Mad Hatter Girl: Jasmine wanted to be the Mad Hatter but all the costumes at the store didn’t look … Read more
- Fantastic Female Disney Villains Group CostumeThe Concept: Females are complex creatures, our varying emotions are deep and honest, and we act from our hearts. We … Read more
- Awesome Homemade Mad Hatter Costume from Alice in WonderlandIn 2010 my girlfriend and me saw in the cinema a trailer of Alice in Wonderland. For a few seconds … Read more
- Coolest Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland Kids Group CostumesWe did the Tim Burton version of Alice in Wonderland for our group costume this year. The kids do a group … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Alice in Wonderland Family CostumeHere’s our Alice in Wonderland family costume. Halloween is a year long event in our household (planning + creating + … Read more
- Awesome Homemade Red Queen and Mad Hatter Couple CostumeKirby is the Red Queen and Gary is the Mad Hatter from Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland. I (Kirby) love … Read more
- The Best Realistic Version of Alice in Wonderland’s Cheshire Cat CostumeFor a whole year I had planned to create my own version of Alice in Wonderland’s Cheshire Cat costume for … Read more
- Coolest DIY Queen of Hearts Costume for a GirlThis year my kiddo wanted a Queen of Hearts costume. We went to Hobby Lobby to pick out material. My … Read more
Here’s our Alice in Wonderland family costume. Halloween is a year long event in our household (planning + creating + hunting for good deals). Dressing up together as a family is a tradition that has evolved over the years and we all take it pretty seriously! It is our favorite time of the year. Read more »
Introducing… Mad Hatter, Alice, Queen of Hearts, Cheshire Cat, and White Rabbit! The madness began whe my daughter decided to dress up as THE Queen of Hearts…the rest of us followed “suit” (no pun intended, hee hee). Truly, our Queen of Hearts, our sweetheart has certainly won over all our hearts. Although she is not bossy like the Queen of Hearts character, she does like to be in charge. In her world of pretend, she is often the leader in the games she plays.
Although sweet, she did enjoy parading around the house demanding, “Off with your head!” Read more »
My costume is an Alice In Wonderland and Cheshire Cat mash-up costume (I’m the one wearing the costume and I made it). I was inspired by a dance I’d seen with one person as the Cheshire cat and the other as Alice, and it inspired me to get creative and create a costume no one in my town had created before. I’ve never been one for scary costumes, and as I’d volunteered to help out at a kid’s Halloween party, I thought it was a perfect costume for me.
So I set out on creating this costume and never having created a costume before, I was prepared for all the (blood!) sweat and time it would take in order to pull it off. Read more »