Take a look at these cool homemade Oscar the Grouch and Sesame Street costume ideas shared with us by costume enthusiasts from around the world. Along with the costumes here, you’ll also find loads of homemade costume ideas and DIY Halloween costume inspiration for your next costume project. Enjoy!
Latest Oscar the Grouch Costumes
- Oscar the Grouch Halloween Costume Made Completely from Trash!My Oscar the Grouch Halloween costume in 2020 (worn by me) was inspired by piles of trash on my street. … Read more
- Coolest Oscar the Grouch Optical Illusion Costume – Trash or Treat?!This year Gabe is 10, and we can no longer build his costume around a wagon. Last year as Scooby … Read more
- Coolest DIY Oscar the Grouch Halloween CostumeOscar the Grouch has been one of my favorite all time characters. I saw a lot of Oscar costumes, but … Read more
- Doggie Doubles as Oscar the Grouch CostumeMissy (short for Missy Misdemeanor Elliott) is roaming the streets of DC this Halloween as Oscar the Grouch in a home-made … Read more
- The Most Realistic Oscar the Grouch Costume Ever!My son and I were watching Sesame Street like we usually do. On this particular day when Oscar the Grouch … Read more
- Cutest Baby Oscar the Grouch CostumeMy two year old son insisted on being Cookie Monster, so his baby brother had to match and be warm, … Read more
- Awesome Homemade Oscar the Grouch CostumeI decided to do Oscar the grouch because i had seen many different types of costumes for him. I remember … Read more
- Coolest Cookie Monster and Oscar the Grouch CostumesAlthough my two daughters are getting older, they still love Cookie Monster and Oscar the Grouch! And believe me, each … Read more
- Cool Homemade Sesame Street Family CostumeAdmittedly, we just bought the Elmo suit for my oldest son. My Super Grover 2.0 costume was a labor of … Read more
- Fun Homemade Oscar the Grouch Halloween CostumeI got most of my materials for Oscar the Grouch costume at Wallmart! The green fur is made out of green … Read more
- Coolest DIY Oscar the Grouch CostumeThis is my Oscar the Grouch Costume for Halloween 2008. Trying to find something that could compete with the previous year … Read more
- Coolest Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch that Ran a 5K for Charity in Costume!Each year, there is a 5K race done in our area around Halloween to raise money for Cystic Fibrosis. Not … Read more
Featured Sesame Street Costumes
Sesame Street costume by Adam B., College Park, MD
This Sesame Street costume was by far the best idea I ever had for a costume. I pride myself on having the best costume every Halloween the last few years and this one was the best I’ve done. I despise going into Halloween costume shops and do everything in my power to avoid it by making my own costumes. Once I decided that I was going to be Oscar the Grouch it was only a matter of figuring out exactly how to pull it off and not look like a naked alien.
The key was the trash can but how do you go an entire party carrying a trash can around with you? I figured I would simply drill a few holes and use some rope. Therefore it was off to the hard ware store. While shopping for the perfect aluminum trash can at the hardware store I found my solution to the can problem. I walked pass the tool belts and saw a set of $5 work suspenders. These had nice strong clasps and a good nylon strap that would easily hold the trashcan weight and distribute it over my shoulders.
With the trashcan and suspenders in hand I returned home for a little fabrication. With the help of a grinder I cut the bottom of the can out and smoothed down the edges. This is important because the metal is sharp and will cut your legs. I covered the bottom rim with metallic tape to protect my legs a little more. Now I needed one last touch. I had to make myself green. A trip to the party store for green face paint solved that problem. So with a $25 dollar trashcan a $5 pair of suspenders and $5 worth of green paint I had my costume. Oscar the Grouch. My favorite costume of all time
Total Spent: $30
Sesame Street costume by Jody B., Saskatoon
I made this Bruno the Trashman and Oscar costume out of chicken wire for the frame. Then I used lots and lots of glue sticks and material.
I really enjoy making these costumes.
I really like how I made Oscar as the puppet and you could puppeteer him. The back of the garbage can was cut open and you put your hand in.
Total Spent: $200
Your comment has been sent successfully.