Feeling nostalgic for the Jurassic era? Hoping to terrify your neighborhood with a scary Halloween costume? Now is your chance with these awesome dinosaur costume ideas. From the ferocious to the adorable, you will find fantastic homemade costume ideas here. And, take a look at these cool tutorials for your most amazing DIY costume.
Also, homemade costume ideas here range from the realistic to the fantastical. Go with an authentic looking green dinosaur costume. The Halloween costumes in this collection seriously stun in their realism. Or go for a fun hot pink and purple dinosaur costume for a fun DIY costume.
In addition, there are so many unique homemade costume ideas here to spark your imagination.
So, whether you’re looking for an elaborate or last minute DIY costume, this costume collection has you covered. Check out the photos and tear up Halloween with an epic homemade costume. Scare the whole neighborhood with your awesome dinosaur costume this year.
Latest Dinosaur Costumes
- Coolest Ever Homemade Dinosaur CostumeI created this homemade dinosaur costume to entertain the children who come to the puppetry arts museum. I got the … Read more
- Coolest Handmade Triceratops CostumeThis pink and purple Dinosaur costume is made almost entirely of felt. This costume was inspired by the Triceratops in … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Dinosaur CostumeMy goal was to make a homemade dinosaur costume as cool as possible by spending as little as possible in … Read more
- Coolest T-Rex Dinosaur CostumeMy four-year-old son loves dinosaurs and wanted to be a T-Rex for Halloween 2011. I constructed the T-Rex Dinosaur Costume … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Velociraptor Halloween Costume IdeaI began making this homemade Velociraptor Halloween costume idea around October 1st, I had a lot of extra pizza boxes … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Dinosaur Diorama CostumeHow did I think of this Homemade Dinosaur Diorama Costume? I have no idea. But it happened in the shower … Read more
- Coolest Jurrasic Park Dinosaur CostumeThis is my Jurrasic Park Dinosaur costume from Jurassic Park movie I made for my Son Joshua. I started with … Read more
- Insanely Huge Homemade T-Rex Halloween CostumeMy son comes up with the costume ideas for Halloween, and puts me to work. So, we made an insanely … Read more
- Awesome Homemade Spinosaurus Dinosaur CostumeMy son wanted a Spinosaurus dinosaur costume for Halloween, which was no surprise to me. So I went to planning. … Read more
- Awesome Homemade Huge T-Rex CostumeI built a 13′ long 7′ tall T-Rex costume after being inspired by classic Jurassic Park and a YouTube video … Read more
- Rare Lizasaurus Rex CostumeThis is my T-Rex Costume made entirely of cardboard boxes, a whole lot of duct tape, and some green spray … Read more
- Super Cool Homemade Dinosaur Couple CostumeThis year for Halloween, my boyfriend and I wanted to stick with a costume that was basic in principle, but … Read more
Dinosaur Costume by Michelle C., San Antonio, TX
For this costume I followed McCall’s Pattern # 2335, size 3-4.
This size was too big after all, so hopefully it will be next year’s costume, too! My son had a blast being in his costume! He even willingly wore the hood. My friend gave me the green fabric and I bought the striped fabric for the spikes and belly.
The pattern for this costume isn’t very difficult; I finished it in 3 weeks. Also, this costume was fun to make! I overstuffed the spikes, which made sewing it on a small battle, but it worked out. Total Spent: $7 (I had free fabric)
Frighteningly Awesome DIY Dinosaur Costume
Dinosaur Costume by Dawn C., Cleveland, OH
My son is really into Dinosaurs and wanted to be a Velociraptor. So with a lot of imagination I came up with this costume. The head is made from plastic canvas that I cut and sewed together to get the basic shape of the dinosaur costume head. I then used paper mache to form the eye sockets and covered the entire head in cut up t-shirts.
Using foam I created the tongue, teeth and mouth. The dinosaur costume suit is made from long johns. Then I cut and sculpted the chest and stomach muscles from foam and sewed it into the shirt.
The tail is made of foam covered in t-shirts. It is attached to my sons waist with a belt.
The costume feet are made from foam attached to an old pair of tennis shoes. The foam was then sculted into the toes and talons.
In order to complete the suit I painted it using a sea sponge. Due to the fact that I did not use any patterns and could not find any existing Velociraptor costumes to reference, this dinosaur costume was created by pure imagination.
In conclusion, it took about 2 months to make and cost about 50 dollars.
Total Spent: $50
Your comment has been sent successfully.