My daughters were in an “Alice in Wonderland” themed dance last summer. We decided to go for the Disney version of Alice and the White Rabbit Costume.
My oldest was the White Rabbit with pieces put together from thrift shop finds and alterations done by me:
– bunny hat from a bunny costume;
– black jacket taken in from a ladies small to fit kids 7/8 and embellished with white stitching to highlight the lapels;
– red wool vest embellished with black stitching to highlight the shape;
– yellow shirt;
– grey yoga pants made into shorts with a cuff;
– a pocket watch from a round purse with creative safety pinning;
– a bowtie from a hair barrette.
The white tights were the only thing new.
My other daughter was Alice, from a store bought costume. I did had to make a hair-band for her from a wide black hair-band and the bow from a hair barrette glued on.
The girls came in first place.
Your comment has been sent successfully.