I have been The Bride of Frankenstein more than a dozen times over the years and this year I wanted to be more authentic. I used a piece of carpet that I hot glued together and place on top of my head and brought all my hair up around it and secured it with a black twistie. This way, I did not have to use a ton of Bobbie pins to secure my hair- just hair spray! Then, we sprayed it black and put in the streaks.

I painted on the stitches with face paint (made in U.S.A.) The dress was just two white sheets that I hot glued together and brought up the sides to my shoulders with another piece of the sheet that I cut off which gathered it very nicely. I used stretchy material for the arms, cut into strips and hot glued it as I was wrapping it around my arm. I attached it to a white t-shirt and was done with my costume.

Now, Frankenstein is another story… I used a baseball helmet with the guard attached and cut the top part of the guard off with bolt cutters. This way, my husband can see out of his mouth. I found a big cheese-ball container which became the top of his head. I covered it in 1/2″ fabric foam and shaped his face. I had to put about 8 layers of liquid latex on his face and then painted him.

The eyes were wooden dowels that I painted. I used fake black fur for his hair. A jacket from a garage sale and platform boots that we ordered online finished the costume