There is something about bird costumes. When birds majestically fly above you, they provoke awe and wonder. Also, fear that they could poop on your head at any moment. But I digress. The feathered beauty and the regal head of a bird makes it a natural when planning an impressive homemade costume.
When considering bird costumes, don’t think small. The ideas here are extravagant and are real showstoppers. These costumes are made of fabrics in all textures and colors. Whether it is a fluffy chick or a sleek bald eagle, the craftsmanship in this collection is staggering.
Especially of note are the incredible number of peacock costumes you will see here. They are breathtakingly spectacular and will make you sit up and to take notice. Each one is so unique in its colors and design.
In conclusion, from cute little baby birds to stunning adult birds of prey, this is one theme that can be custom made to all generations.
Latest Bird Costumes
- 8 Cool DIY Chicken CostumesWe called this experience “when good chicken costumes go bad”! In all actuality it was really cute and my daughter … Read more
- 12 Coolest Homemade Parrot Costume IdeasI got the idea for a parrot costume from other parrot costumes on this page. My baby eats everything within … Read more
- Perfectly Pink Little Girls Flamingo CostumeI purchased a lined crotchet tutu top in a coral color. Used matching satin ribbon for the straps. I used … Read more
- Beautiful Homemade Girls Peacock Costume – Proud as a Peacock!Here’s the story behind my four-year-old girls peacock costume. Well, she wanted to be a peacock for Halloween this year. … Read more
- Cutest Homemade Owl CostumeAfter five failed attempts at making an Eve costume to complement her brother’s Wall-E, we ended up making my daughter … Read more
- Coolest Blue Macaw Parrot CostumeThis is a blue Macaw Parrot Costume, handmade by (me) a stay at home mom and freelance artist This costume is … Read more
- Sweet DIY Baby Peacock CostumeI couldn’t find a peacock costume at the store and I wanted something special for my daughter. So, I decided … Read more
- Linda’s Awesome Homemade Halloween Peacock CostumeI wanted to be a Peacock for Halloween for several years. So, this year I went all out for it … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Great Horned Owl CostumeWe love Halloween and don’t believe in buying costumes, so this year we put our imaginations to work. I have … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Bird CostumeThis Homemade Bird Costume took about 8 months to make. I started with a plain white bustier, a tablecloth, and … Read more
- Coolest Flamingo Homemade CostumeMy niece goes to a Christian school and their theme for Halloween was Noah’s Ark. So you had to come … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Peacock Costume with Peacock Feather FanAfter looking at various peacock costumes around the inter webs, I decided the build my Homemade Peacock Costume on a … Read more
Featured Bird Costumes
I started off this awesome Blue Bird Halloween costume by buying a large piece of felt, as well as 3 different colors of cotton fabric. I went with white, light blue and dark blue. I cut the felt into a large circle by folding it in half and cutting it into a half circle, then on middle of the fold I cut another circle for my head. Read more »
This cute Chicken costume was originally made for my oldest daughter, 7 years ago. And it is just as cute on her baby sister, as the day she wore it! There is nothing like an 18 month old waddling around like a little chicken. This costume was pretty easy to make, and was my first homemade anything… requiring beginning sewing skills. Here is how it was done… Read more »