There is something about bird costumes. When birds majestically fly above you, they provoke awe and wonder. Also, fear that they could poop on your head at any moment. But I digress. The feathered beauty and the regal head of a bird makes it a natural when planning an impressive homemade costume.
When considering bird costumes, don’t think small. The ideas here are extravagant and are real showstoppers. These costumes are made of fabrics in all textures and colors. Whether it is a fluffy chick or a sleek bald eagle, the craftsmanship in this collection is staggering.
Especially of note are the incredible number of peacock costumes you will see here. They are breathtakingly spectacular and will make you sit up and to take notice. Each one is so unique in its colors and design.
In conclusion, from cute little baby birds to stunning adult birds of prey, this is one theme that can be custom made to all generations.
Latest Bird Costumes
- Cool Chicken DIY Costume for a ToddlerI made this chicken costume for my daughter who was 2 at the time. It was made with 2 sweatshirts … Read more
- Coolest Baby Chicken CostumeOur daughter had the cutest baby chicken costume ever! I took an onesie and put it inside a one piece … Read more
- Cool Homemade Bat Family CostumesI stink at using a sewing machine, first off, so I am pretty proud that I hand sewed these four … Read more
- Cool Zoo Keeper and Peacock Couple CostumeFor the Peacock costume, I will start with the top and work down. For the headpiece, I sewed together 4 … Read more
- Girl in a Flamingo Pool Float Couple CostumeSo this one is completely unique idea we come up with. Making the costume took us a couple of days, … Read more
- Top 10 Stunning Homemade Peacock Costumes to Inspire Your DIY CostumesChannel the proud and striking peacock for a show-stopping peacock costumes this Halloween. Strut your stuff in these uniquely homemade … Read more
- Duck CostumeMy daughter was in a storybook parade at school and she was a white duck. I took a toboggan and … Read more
- Cockatoo Parrot CostumeI was inspired to make this costume after owning three cockatoo parrots and collecting tons of their beautiful white feathers. … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Chicken CostumesMade these chicken costumes for my twin girls last year. Everyone thought they were so cute, and they were REALLY … Read more
- Stunning Raven Costume Based on Edgar Allen Poe’s PoemThis is me in the picture. I wanted to be the raven from Edgar Allen Poe’s famous poem. I created … Read more
- Stunning Homemade Kids Peacock Halloween CostumeDeciding on a Homemade Costume My Daughter originally wanted to be a spider, but suddenly changed her mind to a kids … Read more
- Mardi Gras Inspired Peacock Man CostumeHaving always been inspired by the costumes at Mardi Gras, I decided to try my hand at making my own … Read more
Featured Bird Costumes
I started off this awesome Blue Bird Halloween costume by buying a large piece of felt, as well as 3 different colors of cotton fabric. I went with white, light blue and dark blue. I cut the felt into a large circle by folding it in half and cutting it into a half circle, then on middle of the fold I cut another circle for my head. Read more »
This cute Chicken costume was originally made for my oldest daughter, 7 years ago. And it is just as cute on her baby sister, as the day she wore it! There is nothing like an 18 month old waddling around like a little chicken. This costume was pretty easy to make, and was my first homemade anything… requiring beginning sewing skills. Here is how it was done… Read more »