There is something about bird costumes. When birds majestically fly above you, they provoke awe and wonder. Also, fear that they could poop on your head at any moment. But I digress. The feathered beauty and the regal head of a bird makes it a natural when planning an impressive homemade costume.
When considering bird costumes, don’t think small. The ideas here are extravagant and are real showstoppers. These costumes are made of fabrics in all textures and colors. Whether it is a fluffy chick or a sleek bald eagle, the craftsmanship in this collection is staggering.
Especially of note are the incredible number of peacock costumes you will see here. They are breathtakingly spectacular and will make you sit up and to take notice. Each one is so unique in its colors and design.
In conclusion, from cute little baby birds to stunning adult birds of prey, this is one theme that can be custom made to all generations.
Latest Bird Costumes
- Creative Homemade Peacock Halloween Costume IdeaAfter a recent trip to our local botanical gardens, I was inspired to make a peacock costume. I took my … Read more
- Coolest Do it Yourself Peacock Halloween CostumeThis Do it Yourself Peacock Halloween Costume was inspired by my daughter, Savannah, who loves peacocks. The dress was a … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Cannibal Chicken CostumeThis Homemade Cannibal Chicken Costume is quite simply a chicken who likes to eat chicken. A cannibal chicken! The Lector … Read more
- Cool Homemade Pretty Peacock CostumeWell to start, I have to thank my friend Kieu who decided to have this Animal themed party. If it … Read more
- Pretty Homemade Peacock Halloween CostumeAs soon as I heard my girlfriend was going to have a Halloween costume party, I started my search for … Read more
- Cool Homemade Flamingo CostumeI made this Homemade Flamingo Costume for a party themed “Lost in the Wild”. I designed the skirt making the … Read more
- Original Homemade Pretty Peacock CostumeThis Pretty Peacock Costume was my 2008 costume which I decided I’m going to wear again this year, only elaborate … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Peacock Costume for a GirlI made this Peacock Costume for my daughter Ashley. You start with a basic crushed velvet leotard and sew on … Read more
- Pretty DIY Peacock Halloween Costume for a GirlTo make this peacock costume, I took a blue dress and ordered some peacock feathers from EBay which was a … Read more
- Cute Homemade Peacock Halloween Costume for a WomanI found this website about 2 weeks ago and tried to find inspiration for a Halloween costume. The necklace I’m … Read more
- Coolest Chicken Toddler CostumeFor my daughter’s first “real” Halloween, she was 13 months old, I made her a Chicken Toddler Costume. It was … Read more
- Coolest DIY Peacock Creative Costume IdeaThis DIY Peacock Creative Costume Idea was really a lot fun. I got the inspiration to make a peacock costume … Read more
Featured Bird Costumes
I started off this awesome Blue Bird Halloween costume by buying a large piece of felt, as well as 3 different colors of cotton fabric. I went with white, light blue and dark blue. I cut the felt into a large circle by folding it in half and cutting it into a half circle, then on middle of the fold I cut another circle for my head. Read more »
This cute Chicken costume was originally made for my oldest daughter, 7 years ago. And it is just as cute on her baby sister, as the day she wore it! There is nothing like an 18 month old waddling around like a little chicken. This costume was pretty easy to make, and was my first homemade anything… requiring beginning sewing skills. Here is how it was done… Read more »