Take a look at these cool homemade Astronaut costume ideas shared with us by costume enthusiasts from around the world. Along with the costumes here, you’ll also find loads of homemade costume ideas and DIY Halloween costume inspiration for your next costume project. Enjoy!
Latest Astronaut Costume Ideas
- Coolest Homemade Astronaut CostumesMy four friends and I were astronauts this year… not sexy, slutty astronauts, but AWESOME astronauts. We made our own … Read more
- Epic DIY Apollo Astronaut CostumeFor this homemade Apollo Astronaut costume I started in early October and began assembling the pieces I’d need. Some of … Read more
- Awesome Homemade Space Themed Family CostumesThis year our son’s school requested for peaceful costumes of someone from history that made a difference in our lives. … Read more
- Baby Carrier Rocket and Astronaut Halloween CostumesMy dear daughter desperately wanted to be an astronaut for Halloween. Who better to be her space shuttle than her … Read more
- Astronaut Costumes for a CoupleThe helmet was the most difficult part in making this costume come to life. I was set on having it … Read more
- Stylish Duct Tape Neil Armstrong Costume for a BoyThis costume was quite challenging. I took an old jacket and pants and completely covered it with white duct tape. … Read more
- One Small Step for Man Astronaut CostumeI set out to make this astronaut costume as part of a “what I wanted to be when I grew … Read more
- DIY Toddler Astronaut Costume and Space ShipThis is my creation from duct tape. I love arts and crafts but one thing is for certain, I never … Read more
- Coolest Girls Astronaut CostumeI’m always up for a challenge, so I love to let my kids pick whatever they’d like for Halloween, and … Read more
- Homemade Astronaut Costume in Honor of Neil ArmstrongLast year our daughters’ Book Week theme was Champions. We love Book Week in our family as we have made … Read more
- Cool Home Made Endeavor Astronauts CostumesThese astronauts costumes were inspired by the one and only first astronaut that landed the American Flag on the moon … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Astronaut Halloween Costume IdeaMy sister and I made this Homemade Astronaut Halloween Costume Idea for my son. All he wanted to be was … Read more
My nephew requested an astronaut costume for Halloween this year. (This was pretty lucky as it went well with his older brother’s sun costume!) To make this homemade costume, I used a pattern. The material I used is vinyl. The patches were ordered off of the internet.
Total Spent: $25
One Small Step for Man
For this costume, I made a simple one piece jumpsuit. I found some clip art and made the patches for “NASA” and transferred them to iron on paper.
For the helmet, I used a plastic pumpkin and spray painted it white. I used a dremel tool to cut out the front for the face. I added some reflectors. (In addition, this is also great for seeing the child at night).
For the rocket booster backpack of the costume I used some shiny Capri pants I got at a garage sale and cut the legs off and sewed the end shut and stuffed it. I made two and attached them to the belt with more reflectors. Wow, looks like he could walk on the moon with his costume!