Homemade Toddler Oompa Loompa Costume
Hi my name is Wandy and my mother and I wanted to create something different for Halloween. Our neighbor sent us a link to different costumes. There were so many to choose from. I liked the idea of a homemade Oompa Loompa costume for my son. My son is 1 year old.
I asked my mother to help out and I was afraid that we couldn’t pull it off. It was hard to measure him because he is like a worm.
- Our buttons were pink so my mother had to cover them with black felt.
- We couldn’t find boys white pants so we went to the girls section and finally we found some.
- We couldn’t find small boys brown socks. We looked everywhere in the store. Finally we found female brown socks. Of course, we had to cut them down to his size.
- A brown turtle neck was easy to find.
- I placed white medical tape on the sleeves, neck, and socks. It was hard putting the white medical tape on his socks because he kept wanting to removed them.
- The hardest part was his hair. He moved too much. When it came to his face, he was very calm.
- Finally his gloves… we thought he wasn’t going to like the gloves but he did.
We headed out to Wright City Park where he was stopped and admired. People would say how cute he was. He won most creative costume and I was very happy to see that our efforts were so appreciated.
My first son, our first attempt at making a costume for him, and to win something was very surprising to me. We were all surprised that he won most creative costume. You can see how happy he is with his new costume in the photos. Oompa Loompa – Josue.