We’re off to see the most awesome DIY costumes in this cool collection of Wizard of Oz costumes. Take in the awe and wonder of seeing all your favorite characters come to life. Then, follow the yellow brick road to these cool instructions for fabulous homemade costume inspiration.
It is amazing to see the personal creativity in these homemade costumes. These are not the classic movie characters you know and love. Here are incredibly creative versions of the cowardly lion, shiny tin men and amazing scarecrows.
In addition, you’ll see some uniquely frightening witches. You can learn a ton from these awesome DIY costumes and scarily realistic makeup. You’ll even see a Wicked Witch of the East with the house that fell on her head. Thankfully there are also plenty of beautifully sparkly Glindas to even out the balance.
Somewhere over the rainbow you’ll find your costume inspiration. Who knows? It may be right in this section here!
Latest Wizard of Oz Costumes
- Cool Last-Minute Toddler Costume: Flying Monkey from Wizard of OzI’ve learned from years prior that I have to “warm” the kids up to my ideas for their costumes. So … Read more
- Scary Scarecrow CostumeOkay, so I am a huge fan of Halloween. I consider myself to be a Halloween enthusiast, lol! With the … Read more
- Cool Handmade Toddler Costume: Ms. Gulch with Toto from Wizard of OzMost of the popular costumes I see on the internet are based off of pop culture or iconic figures. I … Read more
- Fun-to-Make Group Costume of Wizard of OzThese Wizard of Oz costumes were all handmade except Dorothy’s which was bought in a charity shop. We had bought … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Wizard of Oz Costume IdeasThis all started because we were the Spirit Committee at work. So we needed to come up with an idea … Read more
- Wizard of Oz Costume with a Twist – Escaping OzAs a kid, I was always enamored with The Wizard of Oz movie. This costume idea was born out of … Read more
- Coolest Lion in Cage CostumeGrrr. There is a very scary lion in this cage! Do not feed! Lion will attack! This costume was for … Read more
- Coolest Homemade House That Fell On The Wicked Witch of The East CostumeThe idea for this House That Fell On The Wicked Witch of The East Costume came from the fact that … Read more
- Easy Wizard of Oz Tin Woman CostumeThe Wizard of Oz movie has always been a favorite of mine and I didn’t want to do the typical … Read more
- Coolest Lion CostumeLuke is an 8 month old living in Wichita, KS. He has been crawling for 2 months now, and has … Read more
- Wizard of Oz Group Costume with 2 Kids, 2 Horses and Toto the Rabbit!My name is Jillian, and the costume that I made was inspired by The Wizard of Oz. The 5 costumes … Read more
- Terrifyingly Scary Homemade Scarecrow Halloween CostumeScarecrow Halloween Costume Idea The initial idea behind my scarecrow Halloween costume was to create an evil horror related scarecrow. … Read more
Featured Wizard of Oz Costumes
Every year my group at work participates in the company costume contest. The competition is growing fiercer with each passing year and we are the reigning champions for the last three years. This year we decided on the Wizard of Oz for our theme and I took the tin man. I did some internet research on these costumes and really didn’t find one I was in love with to copy. They mostly look like heating duct and have no real shape to them. Read more »
I had seen several pictures of people dressed up as the Wicked Witch of the East but a lot of them just were not big enough for my imagination. I found a huge box and used that at the base of the house. I used the flaps from one side of the box to build the roof. I closed the top part of the box up and put a hole the size of my head in it so that the box would sit on my shoulders. Read more »