We’re off to see the most awesome DIY costumes in this cool collection of Wizard of Oz costumes. Take in the awe and wonder of seeing all your favorite characters come to life. Then, follow the yellow brick road to these cool instructions for fabulous homemade costume inspiration.
It is amazing to see the personal creativity in these homemade costumes. These are not the classic movie characters you know and love. Here are incredibly creative versions of the cowardly lion, shiny tin men and amazing scarecrows.
In addition, you’ll see some uniquely frightening witches. You can learn a ton from these awesome DIY costumes and scarily realistic makeup. You’ll even see a Wicked Witch of the East with the house that fell on her head. Thankfully there are also plenty of beautifully sparkly Glindas to even out the balance.
Somewhere over the rainbow you’ll find your costume inspiration. Who knows? It may be right in this section here!
Latest Wizard of Oz Costumes
- Coolest Lion CostumeLuke is an 8 month old living in Wichita, KS. He has been crawling for 2 months now, and has … Read more
- Wizard of Oz Group Costume with 2 Kids, 2 Horses and Toto the Rabbit!My name is Jillian, and the costume that I made was inspired by The Wizard of Oz. The 5 costumes … Read more
- Terrifyingly Scary Homemade Scarecrow Halloween CostumeScarecrow Halloween Costume Idea The initial idea behind my scarecrow Halloween costume was to create an evil horror related scarecrow. … Read more
- Awesome Homemade Child Wheelchair CostumeWizard of Oz Inspiration Cody is a very happy 12 year old boy who has CP, a dandy walker malformation … Read more
- Cutest DIY Toddler Monkey Halloween Costume: The Flying MonkeyThere was an idea that became a reality in the home of Makxon Cash in 2016. The toddler monkey Halloween … Read more
- Cutest Homemade Toddler Scarecrow CostumeWe saw a similar scarecrow costume and thought it was so adorable. So I had to make our own homemade … Read more
- Cute Scarecrow Halloween CostumeI love making DIY Halloween costumes. Several years ago my little man was a Minion for Halloween. He was a … Read more
- Autumn Yarn Homemade Lion CostumeThis is my twelve year-old girl dressed in her autumn yarn homemade lion costume. She wanted to be a cute … Read more
- Homemade Scarecrow CostumesThese his and her homemade scarecrow costumes were created for my daughter and son. I wanted unique costumes that were … Read more
- Elphelba Wicked Witch Halloween CostumeI decided that I would carry on the family tradition of wearing a Wizard of Oz Wicked Witch Halloween Costume. … Read more
- We’re Off to See the Wizard of Oz Family CostumeIt only took one look at the ruby red slippers for Claire age 5 to be certain she wanted to … Read more
- DIY Scarecrow CostumeFriday afternoon, last minute, I decided to come up with a new costume idea for Max. Originally I was just going … Read more
Halloween Coupons and Discounts
Click here for 10% off your order at HalloweenCostumes.com (Expires Sep. 25, 2021)
Shop now with coupon HA18 for 18% Off Sitewide at Rolecosplay.com (Expires Sep. 30, 2021)
Shop with coupon SAS10 for 10% Off Sitewide at Gcosplay.com (Expires Dec. 28, 2021)
Essential Workers? Get 20% of at HalloweenCostumes.com (Expires Aug. 18, 2022)
Featured Wizard of Oz Costumes
Every year my group at work participates in the company costume contest. The competition is growing fiercer with each passing year and we are the reigning champions for the last three years. This year we decided on the Wizard of Oz for our theme and I took the tin man. I did some internet research on these costumes and really didn’t find one I was in love with to copy. They mostly look like heating duct and have no real shape to them. Read more »
I had seen several pictures of people dressed up as the Wicked Witch of the East but a lot of them just were not big enough for my imagination. I found a huge box and used that at the base of the house. I used the flaps from one side of the box to build the roof. I closed the top part of the box up and put a hole the size of my head in it so that the box would sit on my shoulders. Read more »