Take a look at these cool homemade Riddler costume ideas shared with us by costume enthusiasts from around the world. Along with the costumes here, you’ll also find loads of homemade costume ideas and DIY Halloween costume inspiration for your next costume project. Enjoy!
Latest Riddler Costume Ideas
- Awesome Homemade Batman Characters Costumes For Stage PlayGreetings! My name is Roberto, and I work as a freelance Teaching Artist of Drama and Vocal Music here in … Read more
- Super Realistic Zombie Poison Ivy and Zombie Riddler CostumesBy the time Halloween 2016 rolled around, I had been wanting to be Poison Ivy for a few years. And … Read more
- Women’s Riddler CostumeMy best friend was having a superhero bachelorette Party in Vegas. I wanted something more accurate then the ones they … Read more
- DIY Riddler Costume for 3-Year Old Boy Obsessed With All Things BatmanWith the Riddler costume hat, I got lucky and found it at a yard sale. I made the question mark … Read more
- Gothams Coolest Villains: Poison Ivy and The RiddlerMy daughter wanted to be The Riddler so I decided to make one for her. Found the hat a Party … Read more
- Cool Homemade Riddler CostumeI decided to give the Riddler a try this Halloween. Wanted the Frank Gorshin Riddler vibe, but couldn’t decide which … Read more
- Cheap and Easy Batman Villain Group Halloween CostumesMade all these group Halloween costumes except for the Joker. The Riddler was the best, was very close to TV … Read more
- Great Group Costume: Poison Ivy, The Riddler, Harley Quinn Vs. BatmanThis was a great group costume: Poison Ivy, The Riddler, Harley Quinn Vs. Batman. Poison Ivy– green stockings, black booty … Read more
- Coolest Bat Girl and The Riddler Couple CostumeA friend and I have a shared love for all things Batman, which is why we created this Bat Girl … Read more
- Awesome Homemade Riddler CostumeI wore this Riddler costume last Halloween – my band was performing a show at a Six Flags and we … Read more
- Coolest Riddler CostumeI started this Homemade Riddler Costume with a hunter green suit because I wanted to go with the understated, darker … Read more
- Cool Homemade Riddler Halloween CostumeThis is my Homemade Riddler Halloween Costume. I pieced a lot of this together over the last year. The suit … Read more
Featured Riddler Costumes
I have always loved The Riddler from the Batman comics. I did him once before in ’95 but it was a store-bought Batman Forever costume-not that great. This is a version of his outfit seen in the comics from time to time and I have also seen this on online Halloween costumes. He has a wide variety of outfits using green, purple and black, mostly with the question marks bowler hat and cane being the real staples.
Green blazer was found in the Salvation Army Women’s Suits section for about $10 and I had a tailor take it in for me for about $10 bucks. Finding this blazer was a stroke of luck since most men’s suits use much muted colors. The women’s section at the Salvation Army proved very useful and cost-effective. The hat was a yellow bowler from Party City for about $5 spray-painted green with a $3 can. The cane was a white-tipped magician’s cane from Party City for about $7 and the tips were painted green using home art supplies. The mask was a $.99 domino mask also from Party City spray-painted and cut to shape. Last item is a purple silk tie from Wal-Mart for about $8.
I printed out question marks on black cardboard and crazy-glued them to the hat and tie, put on a black collar shirt and pants and that’s that!
Total Spent: $50
My three year old wanted to be Batman and have his twin brothers who were eight months old to be “the bad guys”. The Batman costume was basically his batman mask (which he uses year round), black sweats black, shirt and black cape.
The “Riddler” costume was made by purchasing a white fleece one-piece romper. I dyed that light green and then drew question marks on it with a black fabric marker. We sprayed his hair red and drew on the mask with make-up since we knew he wouldn’t leave a mask on.
The “Joker” costume was made by me buying a white tuxedo at a resale shop and dying it purple. I bought a white button down shirt and dyed that orange and bought a green satin piece of material from a fabric store for his tie. We sprayed his hair green and darkened his eyebrows with green make-up and put a bit of lipstick on him as well.
The boys won a costume contest in our town for these costumes and I have given numerous people the suggestions for them. They were really cute.
Thanks for all the great online Halloween costumes!
Total Spent: $60