To make these Jack and Jill costumes you will need:
- Clothes you can destroy
- Bandage wrap
- A pail
- Purple, red, and brown eyeshadow (for bruises)
Making the Jack and Jill Costumes
- Visit your nearest Goodwill, or raid your closet for any combination of plaid/suspenders/denim/ or whatever Jack and Jill are wearing when you picture them in your mind from your favorite nursery rhyme.
- Proceed to tear and rip clothing as you see fit, as if you had a tumble down the hill.
- Using the purple, brown, and red eyeshadow, create bruises on exposed areas of skin. It works best to start with a big red dot, and then blend out to purple. We did a bruise on Jill’s cheek, and a black eye for Jack.
- GET DIRTY! We used actual mud from outside to rub on our clothes; however, we noticed once it dried that it stopped showing up as clearly. So I would recommend mixing in something brown that would stain the clothes better.
- Stick extra twigs and branches into costume (such as in Jill’s pig tail holders).