Custom DIY Mary Poppins Costume
For this Halloween, I chose to be Mary Poppins. It seemed easy, but I searched several stores to piece the costume together.
- I first found the hat at Value Village, a local thrift store. It already had a black flower on top, so I ripped that off and glued on my own flowers that I found from Michael’s craft store. I bought red and white flowers and glued them on the hat using a glue gun.
- The white blouse, black skirt and red belt were all from Goodwill.
- The blouse was perfect, but I had to search for additional buttons to sew on the top since the buttons didn’t go all the way up to my neck. I bought buttons from Joann’s then hand sewed them on the top of the blouse.
- The red bow tie was found at Spencer’s in the mall. This bow tie was a great find since it already had a latch and elastic, which helped keep the bow tie secure around my neck.
- I found tights at Goodwill as well.
- The black pumps were shoes I already had.
- Finally, I found the black umbrella at a place called Daiso Japan in the mall. It was only $1.50!
I searched multiple thrift and craft stores to put this look together! I also made the chimney sweep for my boyfriend’s costume shown in the photo. His costume was bought, but I helped make his prop so he and I would be identified easily as Mary Poppins and Bert.