Marisa P., Hendersonville
For this Halloween, my daughter wanted to be Belle. I purchased the costume pattern from the store. The fabric was yellow satin that was on sale for a $1.00 a yard.
I used and old petticoat that she had from a previous costume to fluff the dress out. I used stick on flowers instead of buttons for more appeal.
The costume took about 4 days to make.
Total Spent: $23
James S., Birmingham, England
As always I left it to the last minute. The Beauty and Beast costume was still wet when I left the house! I used a large plastic plant-pot painted white and gold with the face of the character drawn and painted on afterwards. I’m a bit of a novice when it comes to using craft-store material so I have to make do with what I can find.
The handle was made out of papier-mache formed around a wrapping-paper tube. I had a little trouble attaching it as like I said I’m a bit of a novice. In the end I threaded string through both ends and then through the pot itself. Making sure it was nice and tight to prevent it moving too much.
Finally I made the base of the cup using material from a silk store. I sewed newspaper into the golden edges then sewed them onto main cup base. Finally attaching leaf shaped colored material for the detail and putting it all together! I’d recommend using braces or something similar as the string I used was a bit painful! Got me a lot of attention though! Was well worth the effort.
Total Spent: $25