7 Eleven Store Homemade Costume
I created this 7 Eleven store attendant costume for a “Creatures of the Night” Christmas party.
Best part was the idea of putting battery led lights on the costume to replicate the lighting of a 7 Eleven store that stands out at night time. This took the costume to another level of interactivity.
Hardest part was trying to support the top heavy area with the lights. I had to use wooden rods to support the entire frame.
To do research for the costume, I walked into a 7 Eleven store several times to study the features of the store to create the details in this costume.
A few items and steps I used:
- Foam cardboard
- battery operated lights from Ikea
- Print high quality 7 Eleven logo
- Stick random products from 7 Eleven. Fresh Krispy Kreme donuts are a must (Unfortunately the condoms that don’t appear in this picture were stolen at the party)
- silver gaffa tape and silver rope ribbon for the counter area
- Create price tags on shelf
- wear black polo shirt
- print mini logo as a badge on the shirt
I was surprised to win 1st prize for best dressed female which was a bonus as I had so much fun making this costume!