If you like to eat apples and bananas, you might get hungry as you peruse through this collection of DIY fruit costume ideas. Fun, colorful and instantly recognizable, these awesome homemade costumes ideas are the ones to save for your next Halloween.
Unless you have a toddler in your house, you’ve never seen fruit worn quite this way before. Take a look at the creative homemade costumes all inspired by nature’s candy. For a really fun headpiece, don’t miss the coolest pineapple costume below.
In addition, need a last-minute idea? Try the ever-popular bunches of grapes homemade costumes. Cheap and easy with a real presence, they always make for a DIY costume winner.
So, which fruit is your favorite? Will you try crafting one for your Halloween costume? If you do, please share it with us here to help spread the homemade costume inspiration!
Latest Fruit Costumes
- Sweet Homemade Costume for a Baby: Little Baby GrapeI wanted to make an adorable and funny costume for my daughter’s first Halloween. And I had some time on … Read more
- Cool DIY Apple Costume and Ideas for Easy Halloween Costumes to MakeI saw a previous winner’s soccer ball costume and I knew I wanted Halloween costumes to make in paper Mache … Read more
- Easy Fruit of the Loom Grapes CostumeI couldn’t decide what to be for Halloween last year. I didn’t feel like buying a costume, but I didn’t … Read more
- Fun and Easy Homemade Costume Idea: I Heard it Through the Grapevine!Our VBS is always an elaborate event with vibrant massive decorations, creative crafts, and with lots of colorful characters telling … Read more
- Easy Grape Costume for the Little OnesCute fun and the whole family can join in. Just grab some balloons and you have yourself an easy and … Read more
- Last-Minute Bushel of Grapes Halloween CostumeI knew I’d undoubtedly be a fire hazard and the idea of having to frequently inflate myself throughout the night … Read more
- Last-Minute Easy Grapes Halloween CostumeThis is Ms. Audrey Lee. Her “bunch -o -grapes” costume was created simply (and afford -ably) with green balloons, a … Read more
- Last Minute Costume Idea: Original Bunch of Grapes!My costume for Halloween was a bunch of grapes! It was very easy to make and easy on my wallet. … Read more
- Original Group of Fruit CostumesIt all started with the strawberry then came the rest. I took a lot of time to design my costume … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Bunch of Grapes CostumesMade my twins homemade bunch of grapes costumes for Halloween. Very easy steps to build and they were a huge … Read more
- Coolest Pineapple CostumeThis Homemade Pineapple Costume is a costume from last year, so I don’t have photos of the creation process. No … Read more
- Strawberry CostumeMy daughter declared that she wanted to be a Strawberry for Halloween when she was 4, but I could not … Read more
Featured Fruit Costume Ideas
It all started with the strawberry then came the rest. I took a lot of time to design my costume and get such a realistic view of the fruits. My friends always support my crazy ideas and we were able to celebrate with style in Las Vegas Halloween 2011. The strawberry started out with a discussion I was having with a couple of friends of what the seed color of a strawberry was and the three friends said “black” haha. Read more »
I wanted to make an adorable and funny costume for my daughter’s first Halloween. And I had some time on my hands being at home and all. You know, back when it’s your first child, and an easy child at that! I decided on a grape costume. I bought a big soft purple blanket for 5$ and made a loose fitting sleeveless onesie (eyeballing it) and then cut out plenty of purple circles from the rest of the blanket and other scraps of purple material and felt found here and there. Read more »