If you like to eat apples and bananas, you might get hungry as you peruse through this collection of DIY fruit costumes. Fun, colorful and instantly recognizable, these awesome homemade costumes ideas are the ones to save for your next Halloween costume.
Unless you have a toddler in your house, you’ve never seen fruit worn quite this way before. Take a look at the creative homemade costumes all inspired by nature’s candy. For a really fun headpiece on your DIY costume, don’t miss the coolest pineapple costume below.
In addition, need a last-minute Halloween costume? Try the ever-popular bunches of grapes homemade costumes. Cheap and easy with a real presence, they always make for a DIY costume winner.
So, which fruit costume is your favorite? Will you try crafting one for your Halloween costume? If you do, please share it with us here to help spread the homemade costume inspiration!
Latest Fruit Costumes
- Easy Fruit of the Loom Grapes CostumeI couldn’t decide what to be for Halloween last year. I didn’t feel like buying a costume, but I didn’t … Read more
- Fun and Easy Homemade Costume Idea: I Heard it Through the Grapevine!Our VBS is always an elaborate event with vibrant massive decorations, creative crafts, and with lots of colorful characters telling … Read more
- Sweet Homemade Costume for a Baby: Little Baby GrapeI wanted to make an adorable and funny costume for my daughter’s first Halloween. And I had some time on … Read more
- Easy Grape Costume for the Little OnesCute fun and the whole family can join in. Just grab some balloons and you have yourself an easy and … Read more
- Last-Minute Bushel of Grapes Halloween CostumeI knew I’d undoubtedly be a fire hazard and the idea of having to frequently inflate myself throughout the night … Read more
- Last-Minute Easy Grapes Halloween CostumeThis is Ms. Audrey Lee. Her “bunch -o -grapes” costume was created simply (and afford -ably) with green balloons, a … Read more
- Last Minute Costume Idea: Original Bunch of Grapes!My costume for Halloween was a bunch of grapes! It was very easy to make and easy on my wallet. … Read more
- Original Group of Fruit CostumesIt all started with the strawberry then came the rest. I took a lot of time to design my costume … Read more
- Cool Watermelon CostumeI made this Homemade Watermelon Costume for my son. It’s simple enough to do. I folded a yard of red … Read more
- Coolest Grapes CostumeThis grape costume is the best costume I’ve ever made. All I had to do was buy about 2-3 bags … Read more
- Coolest Watermelon CostumeI decided to dress up as Watermelon this Halloween because it is my favorite fruit. I love to make my … Read more
- Coolest Banana Halloween CostumeI hand stitched every last stitch on each of these costumes. It took me a very long time but was … Read more
Featured Fruit Costume Ideas
It all started with the strawberry then came the rest. I took a lot of time to design my costume and get such a realistic view of the fruits. My friends always support my crazy ideas and we were able to celebrate with style in Las Vegas Halloween 2011. The strawberry started out with a discussion I was having with a couple of friends of what the seed color of a strawberry was and the three friends said “black” haha. Read more »
I wanted to make an adorable and funny costume for my daughter’s first Halloween. And I had some time on my hands being at home and all. You know, back when it’s your first child, and an easy child at that! I decided on a grape costume. I bought a big soft purple blanket for 5$ and made a loose fitting sleeveless onesie (eyeballing it) and then cut out plenty of purple circles from the rest of the blanket and other scraps of purple material and felt found here and there. Read more »