Hulkamania’s running wild! My name is Trish W. I am a bartender for The Round Up in Green Bay, WI. I usually go as something on the sexy side for Halloween and I wanted to do something funny this year. So many of my customers say I look like I work out a lot and that I am built like a wrestler. I found that really funny, so I started thinking what could I go as and I came up with a Hulk Hogan Costume!
I searched high and low for red shorts and a yellow tank top. Needless to say, that wasn’t easy. I got lucky, though, and found a pair of red boy shorts underwear and I bought a white tank top and dyed it yellow. I couldn’t find a boa, socks, nothing; so I dyed the socks, searched in the kids toy department for my belt and randomly found the boa in the sewing department at Walmart. Now the hardest part was getting just the right stash.
The first night I whipped up some stuffed animal hair because I could only find black or brown beards. So then on the second night, I really wanted it perfect; so, I went in to the kids department in the girls section and looked for Cinderella dress-up items where I found single clip on strands of blonde hair. I started thinking “score, this will be easy; cut the hair, glue it together, and I’m golden”. No, not what happened, took me about three hours to get it just right. The hair was so messy and the glue made it worse. But some patience and hair spray,and perfection.
I walked into work and it took me about an hour till I could start. Everyone, I mean everyone in the bar wanted their picture with me. I ran around all night saying “Amen Brother”.
Then, when a customer would ask for a drink, I would tilt to the side and put my hand to my ear. The whole bar was laughing. It was so much fun. Customers were calling their friends and telling them to come down just to check it out.
My husband had no clue what I was going as; he thought I was going as a super sexy wrestling Diva. As I got ready, he left to the neighbors’ house. So I told him that I would show him before I headed to work. I knocked on the door and yelled “WHAT UP BROTHER?”. The entire house was rolling; they couldn’t believe how awesome it was! And my husband is still laughing at me. Pretty sure he was jealous. It was fun. I don’t know if I can top it.
Cool Hulk Hogan Costume
I made this Hulk Hogan costume last minute, the day of Halloween! My boyfriend couldnt decide what to be and then he finally picked something: Hulk Hogan. At first I thought it was a silly idea, but thenI started Googling photos and found out that I could really go crazy and have some fun making it, so I got to work! the whole thing took me about 2 hours. It was really simple, and I think just about anyone who is crafty can make it!
The reactions he got were incredible! We first took his daughter to a parade and had a hard time getting through crowds because people were literally lining up to take photos with him! His 5 year old daughter was not happy about strangers trying to steal her daddy. There were so many parents trying to convince their kids to take photos with him, just so they could have a photo with him lol. Then even a reporter took his photo – he was front page on the news paper the next day!
Later that night we went to an adult party to enter a costume contest. He didn’t win but he was definitely a crowd favorite there too! It was awesome! I think he had to say “hey brother” like 1,000 times haha. when the winners of the costume contest were announced and he didn’t win, someone in the crowd even yelled “Hogan got robbed” so he yelled back “I want a re-match”! haha, it was so much fun. Seems like every adult male got excited to see him!
This Hulk Hogan costume is Super Easy to Make
- I used two yellow T-shirts, cut one up and wrote the lettering on it for the “Hogan” on his shirt with sharpies and sewed it on to the other yellow T-Shirt. I then cut the sleeves and neck – boom, shirt is done.
- I used a yellow bandana and glued red flames on it made from felt, then glued yellow felt letters that say Hogan on top of the flames and outlined those with a black sharpie to stand out more.
- The pants are yellow leggings, cut to be shorter. I did this since I made it last minute and I didn’t have time to tie dye the pants so I bundled/rubberbanded them just like you would if you were going to tie dye and then instead of dying them. I spray painted them with red spray paint! Tast and easy!
- I found at a local craft store the red and yellow boa for the costume.
- The hair/beard are made out of yellow yarn. I glued strips of yellow yarn to a wig cap to make the hair (the bandana covers the rest of your head) and then I used a peice of felt and glued yarn in the shape of a mustache to make the beard (then used double sided sticky tape to stick it to his face) WAY cheaper then buying a wig and beard!
- I made the belt from cardboard. I used silver/black/red sharpies to make the design. Then you can make the around the waste part out of duct tape.
- Then for the wrist bands I just bought plain yellow ones and glued red H’s made out of felt to them.
- Boots, I’m so sorry I somehow don’t have a picture of the boots. But I basically covered old tennis shoes in yellow duct tape, the made sheets of duct tape to go mid way up the calf. I then taped it to the shoes and cut slits down the front and poked hole on each side to add laces!
- You can Google or look on Pinterest to get a better idea of what they look like – duct tape costume boots.
Cool Hulkamania Costume for a Toddler
This year when I asked my two and a half year old son what he wanted to be for Halloween, he replied with the name of a little girl he likes in his class. While I knew that wouldn’t happen, I also didn’t want to take him to the store and let him pick out some cheap, flimsy costume that was boring and original. So I took matters into my own hands. You see, my son has this head of hair that everybody goes crazy over. Blonde and curly…what more could you ask for!
So basing the idea from at least one aspect of his hair, I came up with a Hulk Hogan costume. Every peice of his costume took some sort of effort to make, except the sunglasses. I’ll start with the store bought items. I found a pair of girls white leggings on the clearance aisle at WalMart for a little over $1. Bought two white feather boas at the dollar tree. The wrestling belt was found at a yard sale for $1. Red and yellow fabric dye, yellow spray paint, and iron-on transfers. His t-shirt was a plain white shirt he slept in that i dyed yellow. His cowboy boots were hand-me-downs that we spray painted yellow.
His headband was just cut from an old red t-shirt of mine and tied around his head. I printed the words on iron-on transfers and ironed them to his shirt and headband. I tie-dyed the white leggings red and yellow. Cut the sleeves out of his t-shirt. Dyed the white feather boas yellow and red…the red one didn’t turn out the color i wanted so i did have to end up buying a red boa.
Throughout the night, he got so many compliments and encouraged more by flexing and showing everybody his ‘non-existent’ muscles! He knew just how to sport his costume and was a big hit!
Old School Hulk Hogan Halloween Costume
I wanted a Hulk Hogan Costume for quite sometime but unfortunately I don’t have the body for it. This was probably the most embarrassing part of the costume, as I’m quite pale I had to get a spray tan done just to have that bronzed skin look.
I can’t claim entirely homemade as I bought an official Hulkamania t-shirt and bandana, but the rest was mine. Firstly with the boots, I had great difficulty finding size 12 yellow boots. So I got a pair of black ones from an army surplus store, painted them white and then dyed them 3 times with yellow dye. Don’t forget red laces.
I didn’t fancy heading out in Belfast on a cold October night in just budgie smugglers, so I elected to go with yellow tights, onto which I tie-dyed red stripes. The red knee pads were just a late addition I picked up to look more authentic. I picked up a red weight lifting belt pretty cheap online and painted ‘Hulkster’ on the back in yellow using a stencil and modelling paint.
I glued the bald cap and tash on with spirit gum but my own hairs black so I covered my eyebrows & sideburns in school glue and painted them blond. All I had to pick up were a few accessories in the £ shop. Yellow shades, white wristbands also dyed yellow, red feather boa & yellow shades.
Next year I intend to bring a spare shirt then I can cut and Velcro one of them to continuously rip open all night when im hulking out. This costume turned out pretty well, and I was harassed all night for photographs with others at our fancy dress party, which meant having to repeat the Hulksters quotes all night long.
Coolest Hulk Hogan Costume Idea
Hulkamania was running wild on Halloween in Houston. I have wanted to do this costume for many years, finally happened. I am 37, so I grew up watching Hulk Hogan. He is the most famous wrestler in my opinion. Took Hulkamania to a festival in Houston (something wicked), had a blast. Hulkamania was recognized by many, mostly the older crowd. Definitely a fun costume. Met a lot of new people and took a lot of pics. You can not go wrong Hulk Hogan costume on Halloween.
- Boots (I was going to try and make boots, but nothing looked quit right, glad I spent the extra cash and got the boots)
- Jogging pants were from a thrift store and the wrist bands were made from an old tshirt and stapled on.
- Stash was real, painted white/yellow used a little of the wife’s bronzer on my face to get a little more color.
Hulkamania will never die. Enjoy making your own Hulk Hogan Costume!
More Hulk Hogan Costume Ideas
Take a look at all the Hulk Hogan costume ideas on the site.