Every year I search the internet for the the perfect idea for my Halloween costume. And this year I wanted to be totally original, trying something that I've never seen before. I was looking at several options and decided to do a bronze statue of Blind Justice Costume.
The costume was relatively easy to put together. At my local fabric store I purchased three yards of a sheer bronze material, which was on sale, in time for Halloween. I also went to the costume store and bought gold hairspray, gold makeup and a sword (which I spray painted gold.) The scales were a little harder to find, but I bought them on e-bay for about $15.00.
First I curled my hair with a curling iron and put it in a high ponytail, and sprayed with the gold hairspray, and put on the makeup, which covered all of my exposed skin. I cut a narrow piece of fabric, for the blindfold (the fabric was sheer enough to see through) and I wrapped the rest of the material in a no-sew toga with directions from e-how.
Carried the scales and the sword and I was done. The entire costume cost about $30.00.
Comments for Coolest Homemade Blind Justice Costume 4
My brother and I have been thinking of this Trojan Man costume for a couple years now, and we have finally made it.
The skirt is paper mache and cardbaord strips, woven on to an old belt. The red skirt we found at the salvation army, the white shirt is his own gym shirt from school, and the cape is a red house coat tied to another belt.
The helmet is and old "transformers" helmet(I think from around 1985ish, and it was purple) I added the chin guard with again paper mache. The "red crest" is an old broom, glued and paper mache'd on (I love to paper mache... if you haven't guessed. haha!)
The little "Trojan condoms" around his skirt and his sheild - paper mache cardboard and papertowel:-) Oh, and a lot of paint,and sparkles.
This is a homemade Satyr costume my husband and I made for our 15 year old daughter. After looking at the 'off the rack' costumes offered this year, she decided to go with a homemade Satyr costume. We did a lot of research online and found several websites with instructions for digitigrade stilts made out of plywood. It is a fairly simple process and a quick Google search will help find sites offering detailed pictures and instructions.
The 'hooves' are foam pieces shaped around the bottom piece of wood and covered in plaster strips. We then applied several coats of black and brown paint. If this was a costume we were planning on using again, I would have used something more sturdy. The shape of her legs was due to upholstery foam pads inserted under the fur suit.
She made the leaf headband from a craft store, leaves and acorns. The horns are devil horns that we spray painted brown.