Take a look at these cool homemade Gumball Machine costumes shared with us by costume enthusiasts from around the world. Along with the unique costume ideas here, you’ll also find loads of homemade costume ideas and DIY Halloween costume inspiration for your next costume project. Enjoy!
Latest Gumball Machine Costumes
- Coolest Homemade Life-Sized Gumball Machine CostumeI decided early I wanted to be a Bubblegum machine, life sized. I’m a bit of a perfectionist and kept … Read more
- 80’s-Inspired DIY Gumball Machine Costume Idea for a GirlI was inspired by the costumes from when I was a kid growing up in the 80’s. I remember the … Read more
- Insanely Epic DIY Gumball Machine CostumeOh boy did this cause marriage arguments every time I asked the hubby to help me with what he called … Read more
- Fun Homemade Gumball Machine CostumeMy son decided he wanted to be something completely different than what they sell in the stores. He told me … Read more
- Cutest Homemade Little Gumball MachineI bought an acrylic dome that is used for security cameras that are mounted on the ceiling. I filled it … Read more
- Creative Gumball Machine CostumeI ask my kids what they want to be every year. My daughter always comes up with some great ideas. … Read more
- Put the Quarter in the Gumball Machine Couple CostumeHomemade Gumball Machine Costume For this gumball machine costume I used: A red dress from Forever 21 a sheet of … Read more
- The Cutest DIY Baby Gumball Machine CostumeThis was my daughter’s first Halloween, so I wanted to make a special costume for her even though she wouldn’t … Read more
- My First Halloween Costume: Gum Ball MachineI bought a white shirt, 2 pounds of colorful and glittery pom poms from Amazon, and a red pencil skirt … Read more
- Sexy No-Sew Gumball Machine CostumeNeeded: A Strapless LRD (little red dress), two-three large packages of multi-color medium sized pom-poms (about 250-300, depending on size … Read more
- Cool Gum Ball Machine CostumeFirst I got medium sized sour gumballs from the dollar store. I had to use about 6 bags. Then I … Read more
- Cool Duo Costume: A Gumball Machine and a QuarterMy children are 5 and 3 years old, and I love making coordinating costumes for them to wear for Halloween. … Read more
I got this unique costume idea a couple of years ago to be a gumball machine but with a large clear leaf bag and balloons. But when I saw this costume on your web-site I knew it was do-able. I too got the plastic from Wal-Mart (in fabric). I actually sewed an old t-shirt onto the lining for a snug fit.
Then I bought a couple yards of red material for the base. But we used boning along the bottom of the base. I highly recommend you use a thick boning or a hula-hoop as the other costume did. Also, I bought the silver gift bag from the dollar store, also found some rubber play handcuffs. I just cut off one handcuff and glued it to the gift bag. My hat was a child’s summer hat and one thing my niece did was she took a yogurt lid and covered it with aluminum foil and drew ‘Liberty’ ‘in God we Trust’ and Washington’s head for the quarter.
Total Spent: $15
Another Unique Costume Idea
submitted by Jody U., Madison, WI
I created this costume using a pattern for a pumpkin costume. Instead of using orange fabric I used clear vinyl. You can buy clear vinyl by the yard at most Wall-Marts. I bought the thickest they had but if I were to do it again I would use the thinner vinyl as it would be easier to sew!
Then I sewed a liner inside it and filled it full of colored “ball pit” balls. I used a pattern for a full-length flare skirt for the base and used a hula hoop at the bottom to make it flare out. It’s hard to see in the picture but the coin slot is actually made out of a shiny silver gift bag and a battery-operated light-up fan. I had to put large eyelets around the bottom of the globe and used a drawstring to keep it around my waist.
I got first place for this unique costume idea at a costume contests at both my job as well as the Halloween party I went to on the weekend. The hat is just a beanie made out of the same material used for the base.
Total Spent: $25