Stilt Spirit Shadow Strider Costume
My Shadow Strider costume was quite the challenge. I found the idea in a Youtube video (though in the video they call it a stilt spirit… I thought it needed a better name).
Shadow Strider Costume Directions
- Starting in May, my step-dad and I built circus peg stilts, which I sewed foam around.
- I then covered the foam in strips of black cloth. That was for the back legs.
- For the front legs, I sewed foam around aluminum stilts, and covered the foam in strips of black cloth.
- For the hump (the back) we sewed foam onto a black jacket and covered it in strips of black cloth.
- Then, we covered everything in creepy cloth.
- For the mask, we took a white mask and hot glued creepy cloth on it.
I took the costume to Gen Con and got some great reactions. Many people were startled by my appearance. Many people thought that I was a boy, since my face was covered. All in all, a great turn out!