For you, Halloween is not the time for adorable costumes or sweet dress-ups. No, you are out to seriously frighten young children and adults alike. To that end, we present this section of scary Halloween costumes. Creepy, horrifying and even revolting, these DIY Zombie costume ideas are not for the faint of heart.
A natural choice for those motivated by mutilation is, of course, a zombie costume. Zombies of all shapes and sizes stagger over these pages. It is extremely impressive at how creative people become when figuring out just how hair-raising to configure their death-like characters.
In addition, you will also find plenty of mummies and monsters glaring at you. Also featured are skulls, ghosts, Frankensteins and creepy dolls. Even more costumes include an exploded face which is still giving us nightmares. Still more are electric chair optical illusions and a one eyed monster that makes us shudder.
If you were freaked out from the TV show, you will absolutely want to dress as American Horror Story characters. It is incredible what well-applied make-up can do to transform your appearance into something truly grotesque.
Latest DIY Zombie Costume Ideas
- Coolest Homemade Art Student Zombie CostumeThis Homemade Art Student Zombie Costume is what happens when a Fine Arts student falls in an inspiration crisis. I’m … Read more
- The Hot Negan and his Wife Couple CostumeWe are from the walking dead, Negan and one of Negan’s wives. We put together our costumes with stuff we … Read more
- Coolest Homemade Married Zombie Couple CostumeMy boyfriend and I love Halloween. We decided to create a homemade married zombie couple costume (a bride and groom … Read more
- Coolest Zombie Barbie CostumeZombie Barbie Costume: I wanted to do something scary this year, but with my own twist. Barbie Zombie was born! … Read more
- Torn Gut Hanging Zombie Illusion CostumeThis zombie costume was originally created for a zombie walk in the town I live in, Fayetteville, NC. The idea … Read more
- Super Creepy DIY Zombie Bride and Groom Couple CostumeMy husband and I decided to go with a creepy costume this year, hence our zombie bride and groom couple … Read more
- Cool Homemade Zombie Bellhop CostumeThis costume was inspired by the show Faceoff. His dresser part and hat is made with EVA foam (which was actually a … Read more
- Super Realistic Zombie Poison Ivy and Zombie Riddler CostumesBy the time Halloween 2016 rolled around, I had been wanting to be Poison Ivy for a few years. And … Read more
- Cool Zombie Homemade CostumeThis was definitely the most involved costume I’ve ever put together. First off, my dress was made by a dear … Read more
- Cool The Walking Dead Negan Costume for ToddlersWe are huge fans of TWD and I am unconventional when it comes to kids costumes, but in saying that … Read more
- Coolest Easiest and Grotesque Zombie Walker CostumeSo, winter break of 2014/15, I got really into Walking Dead. Since I really liked the series, I decided to … Read more
- Wedding Massacre Group CostumeThis photo is of my husband and I (bride and groom), and our amazing neighbors. We were attending a Halloween … Read more
Featured Zombie Costumes
I started this homemade zombie costume with a suit from the Thrift store, brown shoes and white shirt. I ripped out pieces from the suit. I then added details with fake blood and red paint. I added moss to the shoes and different parts of the body. I then used a plastic bone that I cut in half. I then used pieces of the bone to create bone parts that popped out of the suit in different parts of the body. Read more »
Hey guys! My name is Alexandra. I’m a Cosmetologist, Artist, and Musician from Central Illinois. I’m a huge Walking Dead fan. I’m extremely intrigued by the amount of art and effort put into the making of the show. I decided to turn my obsession into a reality this year for Halloween! Instead of being a sexy nurse or Elsa from Frozen, I decided to transform myself into a terrifying Zombie. Read more »