For this homemade Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head Halloween costume idea I used:
* Floor underlay (for potato shape)
* Foam Sheets of various colors
* Brown Acrylic paint for body
* Super glue to stick on face features
* Duct tape to hold front and back of costume together
* A bowl with black tights for Mr. Potato’s Hat
* Styrofoam ball for Mrs. Potato head earrings
* White long sleeve top
* Black Leggings
* White gloves (sewed on black foam for Disney look)
* Hair clip to stick to flower for Mrs. Potatoe head
2 Costumes from the shop wold have cost $130, I made the whole look for just $35! It took me about 4 hours to make both costumes.
1. First I cut out about a 2m piece of underlay for each costume
2. Then I cut holes for my head to go through the middle
3. I marked out the shape of the potato and cut it out
4. Next I painted both suits with brown acrylic paint
5. Then I cut out all the various facial pieces (Eyes, Eyebrows, Lips, Nose, Mustache, Flower)
6. Cut styrofoam ball in half and painted it yellow
7. After everything was dry I then stuck on all the facial features
8. I covered a bowl with black tights, cut off the legs and sewed it at the top.
9. I stuck hair clip to flower using Duct tape
10. I stuck black foam strips to gloves
11. I then stuck the front and back of the costume together using Duct tape from the inside.
Then all that was left to do was put on the clothes and costume and the look was complete!