Halloween is one of my favorite Holidays of the year and it’s a great way to get creative. I have to say putting this Mary Poppins costume together took me on a treasure hunt. The funnest part was putting all if it together.
The carpet bag was the hardest piece to find but makes the costume. Everyone I encountered loved the costume and my son thought I was the real Mary Poppins.
Here are the Steps for my Mary Poppins costume:
1. The first step is to study parts of the Mary Poppins movie and pictures to get a sense of the details of the costume.
2. Find several thrift stores in your area.
3. Items you will need:
- Black Hat (Add/Glue 3 plastics white flowers from Michaels or the 99 cent store)
- Orange/Red Scarf – Large Carpet Bag (I feel this bag really makes the costume – search all thrift stores, online or Craigslist)
- White Gloves
- Black Tights
- Black Pointy Shoes (see picture)
- Black Umbrella (You can add a Bird or Parrot to it.)
- Long Blue trench coat
- White Shirt
- Blue Skirt (below knee in length)
Make Up and Hair:
- Heavy Make up: foundation, eyes and red lips
- Hair Pulled Back
Have fun and I can’t wait to see more Mary Poppins costumes. Happy Halloween!