On occasion I get a creative burst, and without planning just dive into my project! I am a fan of trial and error, I don’t really like following a guide or recipe. I started this crocodile costume with the head, using cardboard as a base with a hot glue gun, then paper mâchéing to get the right shape.
For the body I used a pair of jeans and a long sleeved t-shirt as a template. I didn’t put much thought into it, and after sewing everything together, it fit me fine, so that was pretty lucky. I do love using the sewing machine, so making the clothes were fun. The hardest past was the head, it got pretty fiddly trying to smooth out and paint the inside of the mouth.
I had no idea it would turn out this good, so I was pretty satisfied with the end result! I wore it to a costume party, and had so many people I didn’t know coming up and taking photos with me. Everyone was raving about it, and I won the best costume award!